Ch. 33 - Emmaline

Ughh I can't explain how horrible I feel for not updating earlier. But at least it's here. Just to give you a slight idea. I have started writing and rewriting this chapter maybe a million times and I was never satisfied, still not actually. But you all definitely deserve an update for voting and reading and commenting.

Just to let you know... This chapter contains a lot of things that happened in the past chapters because I thought it'd be nice to have some sort of a recap since it's been so long.

How was your December month? Did you have a nice Christmas? And I can't believe the day after tomorrow wil be new year's eve already. Time certainly has flown by.

Hope you enjoy,

Lots of love, Charlie <3

Chapter 33 – Emmaline

Emma snapped her jaws again when hearing one of the two men speak. She had no desire to deal with them right this moment. She just wanted to be left alone. That was what she always preferred anyways. She was good at it; being alone.

Shaking out her fur, she got ready to pounce on them again. She was confused when she realised the wolf who had knocked her to the ground had shifted back and was now standing next to the other man. She kept her eyes above their waist at all costs, not comfortable with the amount of nudity that was displayed right now.

"Now little princess, is this how wolves treat each other nowadays?" The guy who had barrelled into her said. Emma growled yet again as she lunged for them. Their eyes widened, not having anticipated her actually attacking them again which caused them to have but a second to react. The blond on the right didn't have enough time to shift as he was her main target. In one swift jump her jaws were around his neck when they both hit the ground. Her paws stood on his chest, pinning him to the ground. He was trapped. Whatever move he'd try to make, her fangs would easily rip out his throat.

The brown haired man who had shifted again, stood growling. He was trying to intimidate her, to get her to back off. But they all knew that there was nothing he could do without getting his companion killed.

"All right, Emma. You win." The man beneath her squeezed out as she applied a little more pressure to the frail skin on his neck. Emma still didn't release him though, she wanted to make sure he got the message. They shouldn't bother her and taunt her when she was in a mood. It took another four seconds that crept by ever so slowly before Emma showed mercy and released the man from her jaws. Whilst pulling back, she slightly nicked his skin, drawing the tiniest bit of blood to show him what could have happened.

"Damn girl," the blond groaned while rubbing the raw skin of his neck. "I think we trained you a little too well." He got up from the ground and dusted his clothes. Emma grumbled in response. Most of her skills she had learned on her own. And she was too prideful to admit that they had helped her. She was strong because she was born to be strong. Not because they trained her.

The beast inside of her agreed wholeheartedly.

Yet she couldn't deny that they had supported her tirelessly throughout the past decade. They had never shown any signs of wanting to abandon and give up on her. So in a way they had given her strength, a different kind of strength, but strength all the same.

"It would be good for you if we were to take you under our wings again. Teach some manners, for example." The blond growled.

Emma bared her teeth in a way of answering. She didn't need to be educated. She knew fully well how she was behaving, and she didn't feel the desire to change. Not in that aspect anyway.