Ch. 26 - Dante

Here is chapter 26, finally!

First thank you all for commenting and voting and reading! It makes me smile every time I get a notification.

So, I realise the story is coming a bit slow, but I hope you all still like where the story is headed. I think maybe next chapter or the chapter after that, we'll switch to Emma's p.o.v. to see what's happening with her. I promise the plot will fall together in the end. I know exactly where we're headed, it's just hard writing it down properly.

Have a nice weekend you all!

Love, Charlie <3

Chapter 26 – Dante

Another week had passed with Emma being gone, and surprisingly Dante was handling their separation a lot better now. Partly because it turned out he had worried about her safety at Woodland for nothing – though it had not been Emma who had eased his worries, as she never responded to any of his questions herself, but Roman who answered in place of Emma. Sometimes it felt as though Emma did not want anything to do with Dante anymore. She wasn't really talkative or responding.

It was driving him insane at times. He needed her.

But another part of why he was handling the situation better, was because he was quite busy himself. All week he had been preparing for their journey back to Royal pack grounds. And if he wasn't busy doing that, he was spending time trying to track down the Blood Wolf by reviewing the profiles of she-wolves who matched the description of said Blood Wolf and had a motive to become a ruthless rogue killer that rolled out of The System.

He found that he had survived without Emma before, and he was able to do it again. He still cherished her company, but if she refused to give him the time of day, then he would accept it and move on. When she'd come home, things would go back to the way they were before she left.

Or so he hoped.

While preparing for the big move from Lunar Guardians back to the Royal pack, Dante had requested for Derek to send another twenty guards who would help escort the king and queen back home safely.

And when they'd reach their home, Dante would take leave with Derek to visit all the packs who could possibly be hosting the Blood Wolf the very next day. All profiles Dante and king Geoffrey had selected were around twenty years old, they all had a light colored fur when shifted, and they all had a motive to want to extinguish all rogues.

It was a wakeup call to see how many young females had either lost their entire family, a child, friends, or even a mate to the cruelties of rogues. It made him feel bad because the Royal pack had done little to nothing to prevent it from happening. It was mostly because of king Alan, and now that king Geoffrey was reigning things were slightly turning around, but there was so much that could and should be done differently.

Dante sighed heavily, it was the night before he'd return to Royal pack grounds, and he was dreading it. It would mean his not-so-instant connection to Emma would be gone. It would be even harder to know how she was doing. Dragging his feet across the floor, Dante neared Isabelle's sleeping quarters. He was going to ask her one last time to try and get Emma to be a bit more forthcoming with her answers.

He knocked on the door, patiently waiting for Isabelle to open up. He didn't have to wait too long. Isabelle was aware that Dante would be leaving first thing in the morning, she had expected him to drop by that very evening. She felt for the guy; she saw how sad he was when Emma as good as shot him down every time he tried to get in touch with her. Isabelle knew though, that Emma was crazy about Dante and surely she would be smart enough not to take for granted her fine, sweet and hansome male of a mate?