Ch. 37 - Emmaline

So basically, I owe you all a massive apology for going MIA right after new years. I will spare you any details, but I kind of lost the motivation to write. But hopefully now I'm back! And I'll try to update on a regular basis again, because you all more than deserve it.

Recap:

Emma and her brother Roman are at Woodland and she has convinced Lonnie and Jimmie (the ones who trained to control her wolf when she was just a pup) to tag along on their journey to take out the rogues who are after her sister (who is the queen of the werewolves). But Woodland is surrounded by those rogues and her brother, Lonnie and Jimmie want to plan their attack before heading out. Emma has other ideas.

Because of the Rogue situation at Woodland, the alpha of Woodland had requested back up from Lycan Edge. 60 or so warriors would come, but they have not arrived and all contact with them has been lost.

Also, Emma is regretting her decision not to tell Dante that she is the Blood Wolf, and she is not aware that he is in fact searching for her alter ego. He is currently mad at her because she had lied to him about her whereabouts, and she feels guilty because of it. Main reason that she has not told him was because she was scared, but also because she's been on her own all her life and she has become bit of a rogue herself (she cannot mindlink, and she does not recognise the authority of others) which she despises. But she has come to realise that she has to accept him into her life and she is willing to change.

Just to remind you: Dante is NOT with Emma at the moment. He is in fact at Dawnfall Thunder where he had to search for Combat Advisor Terry Griffin who was in fact murdered. There they found a note in which Emmaline was threatened, but king Geoffrey did not allow Dante to make the journey to Woodland for it was too great a distance, and he needed Dante back home to help defend the Royal pack and the queen. Instead Dante resorted to calling to Woodland where he spoke with the former Luna who informed him that Woodland was under attack and Emma was fighting alongside the warriors and had yet to return.

Sooo hope that helps you a little. If you have any other questions... feel free to ask!

Lots of love (and lots of apologies),

Charlie <3

Chapter 37 - Emmaline

When Emma was thirteen years old, she once begged Lonnie and Jimmie to take her swimming in the lake on Woodland-territory. Initially they had refused to take her, saying that it was important she recovered first from the injuries she gained in her most recent rogue fight.

Of course Emma had always been head-strong and stubborn, and she didn't take 'no' for an answer. And so, the short-tempered, thirteen years old girl demanded the two full-grown males would take her swimming anyway. She firmly stood her ground, until she got what she wanted. Though not happy to be told what to do by a little girl, they had given in eventually. And that day, Emma had gotten to enjoy her well-deserved day off. It also had been her first day off ever since her trainers had taken her out rogue-hunting for the first time.

For the first time in a year, Emma was allowed to relax again. Even if it was just for a short period of time.

Many days passed since Emma begged Lonnie and Jimmie yet again to join her in something. Only this time, it was not for an enjoyable day at the lake. She needed them on her journey. She knew how much she was asking of them, they had their own families to think of, and she told them to take their time to think about it. The last thing she wanted was for them to rush through it and end up doing something when they're heart wasn't into it.