19

jeonghan wanted to tell joshua that he knew -- he knew all along.

but he didn't want to break joshua's heart. he still loved seungcheol, and not him, after all.

sadly, seungcheol would never, like him back.

so he sits there, nearly gasping for air as he watches his best friend ramble about how frustrating it was to like him.

before watching him stand up and leave.

jeonghan didn't know what to do.

--

Fast forward 2 months.

joshua couldn't bear to look at jeonghan, let alone talk to him. his feelings are in a wreck, and with each passing day, his illness makes him feel like death.

if he doesn't get rid of it soon, he might not live long.

so here we have joshua, standing in front of the hospital door, before sighing ; a huge puff of white leaving his pretty lips.

here we go.

--

jeonghan didn't know what to do, he didn't even know of joshua's illness, but every passing day he finds himself missing him more and more. he miss talking to him, laughing with him, calling him nicknames.

he missed him.

needless to say, he was still confused when soonyoung barged into his dorm room, beads of pespiration running down his forehead.

he had never seen soonyoung look so worried.

"you have to stop joshua." were the first few words that soonyoung said ; in a rush, in a rush.

"stop joshua from what?" hearing joshua's name again brought him relief of some sort, yet the look on soonyoung's face brought him terror and unease.

"grab your coat, i'll explain on the way. there's no time to waste."

--

but they were too late, anyway.

as jeonghan and soonyoung stepped into the hospital, joshua was just about to step out.

"joshua!!" soonyoung shouted, as he ran over to the confused joshua.

soonyoung hugged joshua like he'd never seen joshua in forever.

it made jeonghan squirm in his spot ; he wants to hug joshua too.

"oh hi soonyoung-" joshua's tone, surprised and all, before he looked up, "hi jeonghan."

jeonghan was speechless, so all he could do was bow and smile a little.

as though he was a puppet.

a puppet.

"what are you guys doing here?"

"i should be the one asking that!! what were you thinking, joshua hong?" soonyoung looked at joshua with pain in his eyes, for his best friend as done the unthinkable.

"thinking..? what of? i think i've done all that i wanted to here, and i was just about to leave. hey! i'm going to go to to store to get a couple things, wanna join?"

he spoke as though nothing wrong happened.

soonyoung grasped onto joshua's shoulders tightly, "how do you feel about jeonghan? do you like him?"

and all joshua did was glance at the oldest of the three,

"jeonghan? he's a good friend, the angel of the group. do i like him? well i do, i like all of you."

that's when jeonghan found himseld taking a couple steps back.

Joshua didn't like him anymore.

why does that thought cause him pain? right in his chest.

--

A/N : hello! if this chapter isn't obvious enough, this is the last of hanahaki you'll see. thank you for joining me on this rocky journey these past few months. i know i'm not the best author out there, so thank you all for your little feedbacks and what-not. i sincerely thank all of you, for every comment, vote, or even view.

love,
yat.