Unexpected

Author's note: Amber will be wearing that dress for the party she's attending. Enjoy the read :) and thanks for the support guys. You guys are truly awesome!

Chapter 38

Amber

"You scared me!" I said startled, my hands trembling.

I wasn't used to people coming from my window like that, even though he had done it before.

"I'm here to tell you the truth."

His voice sounded urgent.

He didn't laugh about it. He was serious. He intensely stared into my eyes. Curious, I stared back, waiting for what he had to say.

"I'm—"

Aiden stopped when Jayko leaped through the window and landed in my room.

I was lost for words. He was like a spider monkey. The way he landed on two feet without falling made me think he had practiced that all his life. My mouth parted open, as I watched the scene. Jayko didn't even say hi to me. He glared at his brother.

"I need to talk to you," Jayko demanded.

"Now is not the time," Aiden said, bothered.

"What is this? Haven't you guys heard of knocking on a door?" I broke in.

I had witnessed more people coming through my window than my front door—might as well not even have a door. They both looked at me at the same time.

"I'm sorry, Amber, but this is important." Jayko turned to Aiden—a warning held in his eyes. "They're looking for you."

What? Who was looking for him? And why would they look for him?

A flash of realization set in his eyes and Aiden gave a quick nod to his brother. I stared at them puzzled. I had so many questions rushing through my mind. Jayko gave one last glance at me and left through the window.

Silence filled my room and Aiden stared at the floor in deep thought. His jaw clenched tightly, showing the godly structures of his jawline.

"I'm sorry. I have to go," he said and motioned to the window.

"Wait. You're leaving?"

He stopped with one leg in my room and one out of the window. He nodded.

"We'll talk some other time."

With that said, he left, disappearing into the night.

I sat on my bed, speechless, trying to understand what just happened.

***

Marky talked about his next prank on Mr. Caro. He planned on doing something bigger than his last one. I laughed as I thought back to his last prank. I remembered when a very angry Mr. Caro got his pants wet and the whole class laughed about it. Marky was hilarious. I was excited to know what was the next prank.

Throughout the day, school was like any other school day—boring. Kim didn't come to school. She was still in the cruise ship. Reece was flirting with Jayko again and Luke made us run a couple of miles.

I arrived home and headed to my room to read that red book again. It took me a while to find the page I left off, but once I did, I found out more about Aiden's brand.

The foreign letters on his skin appeared to be in Greek. The word άλφα means alpha and λύκος means wolf.

Alpha wolf.

I had to talk to Aiden about this when I see him again.

Suddenly, I heard familiar voices by the door and I closed the book immediately, placing it on my nightstand. The door swung wide open. The first thing I saw was Kim's beige sun hat. She walked inside my room with a strapless bikini top and faded high-waisted jean shorts. Behind her was Reece—her blonde hair in a French braid. She wore a short, white dress patterned with black outlined flowers. I could see her blue bikini underneath.