Valentine's Day Fair

Author's Note: Hi guys! Just wanted you to know that I'm so thankful for every vote and comment on my book and if I could give you millions of hugs, I would (:

I also wanted you to know that the song being played on the roller coaster is an original song by me. It's called Turning Me Wild by Kriztal Adames (aka me lol). I dedicated this song to my book. I haven't posted the song anywhere yet but when I do I'll let you guys know in the future.

And yes I am a songwriter/ singer as well, but I'm pretty shy when it comes to singing in front of people. I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do when I post it up.

Enjoy your read (;

Chapter 40

Amber

A powerful bright light blinded me—engulfed all around me like white endless walls.

Where was I? Was this heaven?

I blinked and my father appeared in front of me. He looked exactly like I had last saw him when I was 8-years-old, with the same short, brown hair and dark green eyes. His skin looked young like he had never aged.

Oh God. I wanted to tell him so many things. I wanted to talk to him and hear his voice, but for some reason, I knew there wasn't much time.

He raised his hands and grasped my arms tightly—his warning eyes steady on mine.

"Be careful, Amber," he said. "It's a trap."

It didn't take long for him and the bright light to fade away. It was the last time I stared at my father and when everything disappeared, I awoke.

Michael's handsome face was the first thing I saw. His glacial blue eyes fringed with long, thick lashes met mine.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

His soft fingers caressed the side of my forehead, brushing back strands of my hair. I blushed and slowly sat up from the sofa.

He must've carried me here when I fainted.

"Yeah. I-I'm okay."

"Are you sure you're okay, honey?"

I turned to the sound of my mother's voice. Luke and her walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Yeah," I reassured her. "I'm totally fine."

"Well, I'm concerned," she said. "Did you eat well today?"

"Yeah. I did."

"Okay. Well, I took a sample of your blood already and tomorrow I'll go to the hospital to see if there's anything wrong with you."

I nodded at her because there wasn't any point in arguing. She knew what was best for me.

"Okay."

A phone started vibrating and ringing and my mother grabbed her phone from the coffee table.

"Hello," she answered. "Yes. Uh-huh. Okay. I'll be right there."

She hung up the phone and glanced at all three of us.

"The hospital needs me," she explained. "One of the nurses are absent. So, I need to take her shift."

Her eyes drifted directly to mine. "I'm gonna leave Michael with you to watch you for a while."

"But, mom, I feel okay."

"I know but still."

She grabbed her purse from the coffee table and leaned in to kiss my cheek.