Stadium Lights

Author's Note: I found that picture and I thought it was funny since this book is called The Love Triangle ♥️😋 Happy reading 💕

Chapter 49

Amber

Mr. Caro spun in his chair as he played with his phone. He hadn't said anything until the bell rang. Students waited for him.

"Guys, guess what?" he announced.

A lot of people from class were like:

"What?"

"What happened, Mr. Caro?"

As Marky leaned in his chair comfortably, he smirked and chewed his gum. Did he know something that we all didn't?  Or was he just fascinated by Mr. Caro's hair growth? Mr. Caro didn't have a shiny bald head anymore. He wasn't hairy either. But he was in the process of growing.

"I'm engaged."

Some of the students jaws had dropped. They couldn't believe it. And some were congratulating him. I stood in my seat speechless. Mr. Caro engaged? No wonder he looked happy.

Marky, however, smirked even more. "Mr. Caro, who's the lucky girl?"

"I'll show you guys a picture of her now."

He quickly scrolled through his phone and turned his device for everyone to see. From my seat, I saw a pretty lady with short, light blonde hair. The picture only showed her face—not her body—but she looked like a young lady. For some reason, she had a vibe from the 1950s.

"Wow." Marky's mouth stretched into a grin as he leaned forward in his seat. "She's like a model."

"She's a motivational speaker," he said.

"Oh. Look at that," Marky replied. "What's her name?"

Mr. Caro sighed as if he had found true love. He placed his phone on the desk.

"Matilda," he breathed. "Matilda."

He spun in his chair again. We saw him and then we saw the back of his brown chair. We saw him again and then we saw the back of his brown chair. He spun around in la-la land.

"I'm in love guys! I'm so in love!"

He shot up from his chair and bolted to the board. Marky laughed. As Mr. Caro grabbed the piece of chalk and wrote on the board, Marky recorded him. Oh my God. I giggled. I had a feeling Marky had recorded him this whole school year. He probably had a full gallery of Mr. Caro.

Written on the board were the words:

No homework forever!

The classroom boomed cheers and claps. Marky shouted out in joy and ended the video. I couldn't stop laughing. Ever since Mr. Caro was getting pranked a lot he started to act like he actually loved it. And to me, I truly believed it. I also noticed that he looked truly happy and that made me happy.

But his whole behavior was odd... How could someone be happy when they did horrible pranks to him?

"Guess what guys?" He waited a moment as he eyed us all. "This is my last year here! Yay! I'm moving the fuck out!"

"Mr. Caro, no! We're gonna miss you," Marky said. "Where you're going?"

All I could think of was... What the hell? Was he really leaving?

"I bought an RV not too long ago," he answered with a cheerful grin. "I'm gonna travel the world with Matilda!"

***

As April breezed by in a snap of a finger, May came along. I celebrated Mother's Day and my mother's birthday during the month. Luke had joined along in each occasion. He was always there. Like the usual, I had ignored him.