Feelings

Author's Note: This model looks like Aiden. 😍😁💦

Chapter 4

Amber

I woke up the next morning, thinking about yesterday with a cheerful smile on my face. I just couldn't stop smiling.

Let me guess? Donny, my inner being purred.

I bit my lip.

Who else?

My charging phone rang loudly on my bedside table and the screen flashed Kim's name. My happy smile dropped.

Now, she wanted to call me? What did she want?

I didn't want to pick up, but I did it anyway to see what was her excuse.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where were you? I called you a bunch of times last night," Kim explained.

"You did?"

I put her on speaker and checked my phone log. Holy crap. She did. She called me like ten times yesterday.

I thought she didn't call me at all.

"Yeah. I thought you left with Donny so I left. I didn't find you anywhere."

"Funny thing is, I wasn't with Donny. I mean I was, but not throughout the whole party."

"Really? What happened?"

I sighed. "It's a long story."

"Can I come by your house later then? I'm really sorry, Amber."

"It's okay. And sure. What time?"

"Around evening-ish."

"Okay. Then I'll see you later."

The call ended and I got ready and headed downstairs. Even though, she left me at the party. I couldn't stay mad at Kim. It was not like she did it on purpose. She had looked for me and called me several times. If it wasn't for my dead phone, she would've driven me back home. And plus she left because she thought I was with Donny.

I reached downstairs and my mother was watching a movie in the living room. Before she could say anything, I plopped beside her on the sofa. She looked so cozy and beautiful wrapped in her long, silky robe. Her brown hair was tied into a bun. She held a bowl of strawberries and smiled when she saw me.

"Good morning, sweetie. How was the party?"

"I hope you don't mind if I just-" I plucked a juicy strawberry from the bowl, ate it, and shot her a shy smile. "And it was good. I had fun."

"What happened?" she asked, her eyes gleaming eagerly.

"I met some guy. And I got to know him a little bit."

My cheeks warmed when I remembered Donny and I in the pool, splashing and playing around.

"You did? And does this guy have a name?"

"His name is Donny," I admitted. "He goes to my school."

"He must be charming if you like him."

Oh, you have no idea, mom—no idea.

I giggled and ate another strawberry. "He is."

My mother fanned her face. "Ouh la la."

I burst out laughing and stood up.

"I'm gonna go jog. I'll be back around lunchtime."

"Okay, sweetie. Your breakfast is on the counter waiting for you."