Ivy

Author's Note: This is so Ivy. 🌹

Chapter 13

Donny

She was sitting on the edge of my bed—her legs were crossed—her hands rested on the sheets. And her fiery, red lips curved into a smirk.

I recognized her the instant she spoke.

It was my older sister Ivy.

She hadn't changed her appearance over the last few decades. She looked exactly the same.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

Whenever she was around, she caused trouble—lots and lots of trouble...

"So, that's how you're gonna treat your own sister?" she said. "You should have a little more respect."

My jaw tightened.

"I came to visit you," she began, "to see how you were doing."

"Well, I'm better without you here."

She eyed me up and down. "You never change, now do you?"

"Neither do you," I stated. "Now, what do you want?"

Ivy threw her head back and laughed.

"Oh, Donny..."

She raised her head back up and stared at my face—a sneaky smile on her lips.

"You know I'm the life of the party. Your life is way boring without me," said Ivy. "I'm here to stay for a while." She smirked. "I hope you don't mind."

"I do mind," I threatened. "You're not welcomed here."

Her black eyes played with challenge—fire even. "Are you sure about that... because the last time I checked Jonathan invited me in."

In a breeze, she flashed right in front of me. Her eyes hardened as she gripped my jaw, lifting my head a little. Her strength was unbearable and I groaned.

"And you can't do nothing about it," she whispered.

She released her hand and faked a smile.

"Now, get some sleep, brother." She tapped my cheek. "You look a little tired."

She strutted out of my room.

Amber

The next morning, I told Kim what had happened yesterday. I left out the part of that creepy stalker woman. I pondered that crazy, shocking moment and realized I might've been hallucinating and seeing some type of ghost or something. My mind couldn't conceive that I saw such a thing.

Kim walked with me down the hallways of the school buildings. We chatted about her life and other gossips from school before the bell rang.

Time flew fast and soon after I was already sitting at a lunch table with Kim's group. The group chatted about future parties and events.

Suddenly, the unexpected happened. A blonde girl sashayed her way toward our table. She wore a dark blue cheerleader outfit. She wrapped her thin arms around Chris and whispered in his ear. She giggled, and Angelica shot her a heavy stare.

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" the girl said to Chris.

"He's busy," Angelica uttered.

Chris suppressed a smile and the girl glared at Angelica.

"No one was talking to you," the blonde spat. "So, mind your own damn business."

Angelica's hand tightened around the fork, but she didn't do or say anything back.