Full Moon Ceremony

Author's Note: Amber's house 🏡 This is exactly how I imagined her house.

Chapter 30

Amber

I took a shower, letting the warm sprays wash my body.

Things had gone crazy.

The two who had been fighting was Rick and Chris. Kim had stepped in and split them up somehow and the fight had ended. I had never found out why they fought, but I was guessing it was all because of Angelica. Angelica was gone when that fight had happened and I wasn't surprised.

And guess what else had vanished... the fortune teller.

I had turned back around and went back to the purple tent, but the tent was completely gone—non-existent—an empty space in the carnival—as if the lady just packed up her things and left.

But how could she leave so fast? I had asked the carnival workers nearby to know what had happened to her and none of them knew nothing. All of them didn't even know she even had a booth.

Strange, right?

The answers that I so wanted to hear were out of reach. I would never know the truth. I would never see that fortune lady again. I questioned myself many times if I was hallucinating, but Kim was with me when that happened. How could I be hallucinating? Her disappearance didn't make sense. None of it did. Even the future she told me sounded out of place.

I'm a teenager. I'm still young and normal. How could all that stuff she told me be true?

I sighed and turned off the water. Wrapping my body with a towel, I made my way to the bedroom closet and changed into my pajamas. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and plopped myself on my bed. I had two new messages. One from Kim and one from Donny. I opened Donny's first.

Donny: Honest truth... I had fun tonight. Although somethings were an interference, you still made me smile. Sweet dreams beautiful (*:

A smile grew on my face. I blushed scarlet even though he was not here.

Me: Don't forget you made me smile more. Goodnight handsome :)

I imagined him smiling. Oh God. Donny was so amazing. I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

Not even Aiden? a faint voice whispered at the back of my thoughts.

I ignored it—I ignored my inner being—and opened Kim's message.

Kim: tht fortune girl is so fuckkin creepyyy! i cant believe she just broke out like that like wth? And dont get me started with rick... im sorry if i was so busy in my head when i drove u back home but rick got me soo ughh he fought with chris bc of angelica I swear tht girl wants attention

I knew it. I texted her back.

Me: R u still going to talk to Rick?

Kim: of course i care for him

Me: Your bf doesn't say anything?

Kim: Jonathan is not much of a jealous type he knows tht i had a relationship wit him and understands tht i care for him

Me: Wow he sounds very mature

Kim: and thts y i love him

Me: im so happy for u guys and im getting kinda tired I'll talk to you tomorrow ;p

Kim: ur right lol im sleepy as hell goodnight

I placed my phone on top of my bedside table and settled back in bed. Tonight was crazy, but I was too tired to rethink it all over again. My eyelids slowly closed.