Cheers To Hell

Author's Note: I have to say I love creating this book for you guys. And I hope you enjoy every bit of it. The song I posted in the media box is called Slept So Long . I personally think this song goes good with this chapter. Enjoy (:

Chapter 22

Donny

Hard rock music blared from the speakers. Cheers howled inside the house like a wild riot as Amber and I climbed up the porch steps to Angelica's masquerade party. From the opened door, bright lights blinked down on the many white and black cloaks. The lights weren't rapidly blinking—it was a little slower—a three second count until the next blink. I grabbed Amber's hand as we neared the door.

A guy in front of us didn't wear a black cloak. He wore a casual jacket and jeans and Angelica who stood by the entrance kicked him right out.

"For men, you have to wear a black cloak, a masquerade mask, and be shirtless in order to come inside," Angelica said to the guy. "If not, you can't come in. Those are the rules."

"I don't have money for that shit. So, step aside."

Angelica glared. "Watch who you're talking to, smart ass. I'm the owner of this party."

Beside me, Amber quietly giggled. I cracked a smile—not because of the guy but of how beautiful she looked. The whole outfit I bought her, fitted her stunningly. Beautifully.

The guy spun around in anger. His cold eyes landed on Amber.

"You think that's funny?" he spat. His eyes slipped down to her body and I disliked the way he looked her up and down. "You little slut."

My eyes darkened.

My temper flared.

I had a big issue with guy's mistreating girls. This punk crossed the line.

I tightened my hand around Amber's small one and moved her behind me as I stepped in front of the guy.

"You better watch your tongue or we're going to have a problem."

The guy chuckled hysterically. "What you're going to do? Slap me with your fancy-schmancy cloak?"

I glared as he bumped his shoulder with mine and walked down the porch steps. He stopped in the middle of the lawn and whipped around.

"This party is trash anyway," he shouted.

He flew his saliva at her house and swaggered away.

Ignorance.

"He's lucky enough you didn't hit him, Donny." Angelica laughed. "His skinny ass would've gone flying."

I clenched my jaw and grabbed Amber's hand.

"Oh my God. Amber, you look so hot," she gushed. "Go on in. Enjoy yourselves. Forget about that guy."

We walked inside the party and I buried what just happened to the back of my mind. I didn't want this experience with her to be miserable all because some guy wanted to ruin it for us. That wasn't going to happen. I needed to gain her trust again—not lose it.

And I'm not going to lose it. I'm not going to let her slip away again.

Amber was worth every second of my time.

I guided her to the spacious dance floor. Angelica had removed all of her furniture in the living room even on the walls. White, black, and red, floor-to-ceiling curtains draped over the walls. The crowd wildly danced to the next rock song. I stopped at the center and turned her to face me. Her dark green eyes met mine. Her face remained impassive and calm.