Chapter 7

Jessie's POV

I allowed Harry to pull me out of Louis' room, and instead of that instantaneous relief I thought I'd feel from getting out of the dust, all I was met with was another round of coughing. I whimpered quietly and put my free hand to my throat.

Harry looked at me and his eyebrows pulled together as he frowned. It was obvious he didn't like to see me in pain, but it was his fault after all. He had to deal with it. "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?" he asked quietly.

I took a deep breath and tried to steady myself. "Yeah. I'm fine..this place is just dusty every where and dust doesn't get along very well with me." I whispered and tried to resist coughing again.

He frowned harder and glanced around. "I'd take you outside..but.." he trailed off.

I sighed and looked up at him. "Harry, I can't..run. I don't know where we are and with my travel skills I'd probably trip over a tree branch and hit my head on something that would seriously injure me. I just need to get fresh air or something."

Harry pressed his lips together then a smirk came across his face. "I have an idea. Come on." he said softly and slowly tugged me toward another door.

I was a bit nervous since we were still on the second floor of the house. How could I get fresh air all the way up here? "Harry, where are you taking me?"

He tugged me toward the middle of the room. "This is my room." He said with slight pink cheeks.

I glanced over the room. It almost looked a bit newer than the rest of the house, but I think that was because it looked cleaner. "Its..clean. There's not much dust in here." I said softly and looked at him.

He shrugged. "I'm kind of a clean freak. Louis doesn't clean unless its absolutely necessary..and I can't stand a room full of dust." He smiled softly. "But that's not why I brought you in here." He began to tug me toward another door.

I coughed quietly in an attempt to expel the dust from my lungs. "Why did you bring me in here then-" I was cut off as he opened the door and a burst of cool air blasted in my face.

He looked at me from over his shoulder with a soft smile. "I have a balcony. My room is the only one that does."

I blinked as I was pulled out into the cool fresh air. The balcony was made of a sturdy metal and seemed big enough to hold about three people at a time. "How did you manage that?"

He shrugged and shut the door that led back inside then walked forward to breathe in some of the fresh air. "Because I wanted it first. The lads know not to make me angry." He chewed on his lip and glanced at me. "You've seen why." he grumbled.

I gulped quietly and clutched the metal bar that was beside me. "Do you practically try to kill them too whenever you're angry?" I asked quietly with slight hesitation.

Harry sighed and walked to the edge of the balcony. His curly hair lifted slightly with the wind as he stared out into the wooded area. "Not..exactly. I just have a temper and they know its better to just give me what I want." He laughed quietly and shook his head a bit to himself. "I honestly think that they believe the fresh air might help me calm down if I'm having one of my anger episodes."

"Does it?" I asked curiously as I walked to stand next to him.

He smiled a bit and looked down at me. "Yeah..kind of. But I'm surprised I haven't snapped at you for something."

I gripped the bar tighter and tried to keep myself calm. "Maybe the outdoors really does help."

"Maybe." He responded.