Chapter 19

Liam's POV

My fingers instantly clicked the lock and I let out a long breath. Jessie had to have been lying about all that had happened to her, and there had to be a reason why Harry had punched her the way he did. However, as much as I wanted to believe that he had some real legitimate reason for doing what he had, I couldn't deny that bite mark she had on her shoulder. The bruises and marks on her wrists were something she could have easily done on her own, but that bite just wasn't like that.

I tried to shake all those feelings away as I hurried up the steps and down the hallway toward Harry's room. Screaming, yelling, and everything else could be heard through the door. I think I even heard things being thrown around, but I wasn't sure who was doing the throwing.

"Harry, calm down!" Niall's voice rang out and a few grunts were heard.

"Louis, grab that belt!" Zayn called out as I heard a yell of pain.

I quickly opened the door to see the clump of my four friends, slightly bloodied. Niall and Zayn were all struggling to hold Harry down while Zayn got the belt around his wrists in order to restrain him to the mattress. The blood that covered some of their clothes was probably from the broken mirror and the glass that was scattered around the room.

Finally, Niall looked up at me while he quickly panted to catch his breath. Harry was still struggling against the restraints, and I came to find that something had been shoved into his mouth in order to gag him. He looked angry and flustered, maybe even confused, then he suddenly went still and closed his eyes so he now looked as if he were trying to calm himself, and find his equilibrium.

Niall finally straightened his back and staggered over to me. "Liam..why did you just stand there? We needed help here." He said finally.

"Yeah, we really needed you." Louis said with a frown as he slowly leaned against the wall.

Zayn stared at me with an impassive look on his face as he waited for me to respond.

"I don't know..I guess I was in slight shock, lads, I'm sorry." I said in a dumbfounded voice.

Louis frowned slightly down at his hand to reveal a large gash on it that was slowly oozing blood. How did that happen? Had Harry caused the injury or the broken pieces of the mirror? Something told me it wasn't a combination of the two and not just the latter.

"I told you, lads, we shouldn't have left him alone with her. He could have killed her." Louis said stiffly, and glared down at Harry; who seemed as if he were still trying to keep himself calm. Maybe he was battling himself?

"We shouldn't be pointing fingers right now." I said sternly and glanced around at all four of them. "We don't know for sure what happened."

"Isn't it obvious? It's that other damn personality he has." Zayn said in a slightly irritable voice.

"How do we know that for sure? Maybe..she did something all within reason for Harry to protect himself." I said and crossed my arms.

Niall blinked a few times and looked at me with disbelief. "Are you serious right now, Liam? Did you not see that it took the three of us to get him down like this, and that we were struggling to even do that? There is no way that Jessie threatened him in any way that would cause him to punch her or even break this mirror."

"Again, we don't know that." I said sternly and looked down at Harry. He'd finally opened his eyes and looked at me. "We haven't even heard his side. I heard Jessie's, or at least somewhat, she seemed to skip all that happened in here."

"There's no point, Liam." Zayn said as he walked over to me. "You know what happened. Harry's snapped and he almost killed her. We have to figure out what to do."