Chapter 25

Jessie's POV

"Hmm..favorite color?" I asked Harry before taking a small bite of an apple slice. Despite the fact that I clearly wasn't in the mood to eat Louis eventually convinced me. And by that I mean he wouldn't stop pressing the matter so I eventually gave in.

Harry pursed in lips slightly as if he were trying to concentrate. "Green." He stated proudly before opening his mouth slightly.

I rolled my eyes a bit and laughed as I popped half of a slice into his mouth. I had decided that I wanted to know Harry a bit more, well, I wanted to know more about the good things. A part of me thought that maybe the more he talked about himself and the good things he had in in his life that he would be able to fight his bad side. "What shade of green exactly? There's over a million different ones."

"Hmm..I'm not sure." He cocked his head slightly as he stared at me. "I..think it's the shade of the green flecks in your eyes." His lips turned up into a smile.

My cheeks flushed a bit. "Harry, my eyes are brown."

"I know..trust me, I know." His lips twisted into a frown before a shudder ran through his body and he took a deep breath. "They are brown..but they have flecks of green in them. It's really very beautiful, Jessie."

I blinked a couple times and bit my lip. How did I never notice that I had spots of green in my eyes? "Erm...thank you." I said quietly. 

He nodded slightly and opened his mouth again, signally he wanted another piece of apple. I slowly reached up and put the apple inside. "So, what's your favorite color?" He asked while chewing the apple.

I played with the new slice I was holding and bit my lip. "Purple."

"What shade of purple exactly? There's over a million different ones." Harry mocked me with a slight smirk.

"I like light purple." I said simply.

He laughed a bit.

I narrowed my eyes. "Sorry that I can't say oh I like the shade of the purple flecks in your eyes, Harry. You don't exactly have them." I said quietly and looked at my lap.

He nudged his knee against my shoulder. I was currently sitting on the ground, on top of a blanket that wasn't being used as the ground was still wet from the rain. "Hey, I didn't mean to laugh like that. It's just..your answer is such a typical girl answer."

I sighed. "And your answer is a typical boy answer." I retaliated.

He shrugged. "Maybe so, but boys only have like two choices in favorite colors. Blue and green seem to be the only acceptable answers for a male favorite color. And I'm not much fond of blue."

I raised my eyebrows. "What about black? Orange? Gray?"

Harry laughed. "Orange, maybe, but the rest are just those secondary colors that no one truly cares about."

"Black is my second favorite color, actually." I stated with a shrug.

"Second? What's your third and forth then?"

I sighed. "Third would have to be..green, I guess. Then maybe blue. I don't know. Harry, why would you ask me that?"

"I want to get to know you too. It's not fair if only you can ask me questions." His bottom lip stuck out in a pout.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I answered your questions."

"Nope, you didn't tell me what shade-"

I butted my elbow against his knee. "No. Do not ask me what shades, Harry. I like all the shades of black, blue, and green." I rolled my eyes.