Chapter 33

Jessie's POV

My heart was pounding hard in my chest as I quickly walked over to the side of the car. "How did you guys find me?" I asked while I tried to calm myself down.

The back door of the car slowly opened, to reveal Niall who was slightly smiling at me in a sly way. "Get in. We need to talk."

I didn't waste any time in climbing into the car then shutting the door behind me. Liam was driving, Louis was in the passenger seat, and both Niall and Zayn were in the back with me. "How did you guys find me?" I repeated while putting my seat belt on with shaky fingers.

"We'll talk about this stuff later, Jessie. Right now we need to find a safe place." Liam said from the driver seat. I could tell he was clutching the wheel tightly by the way his knuckles were turning white. He was tense and almost more bitter than usual, but I guess under these circumstances he sort of had the right to be. However, it did make me feel a bit giddy that he was actually speaking to me, so I felt as if there was actually hope for a friendship to bloom between us.

I took a deep breath and bit my lip. "Go to my apartment, Liam. We can talk there." I said softly and glanced out the window as if to see if anyone saw me get into the car.

He nodded slightly and without a word turned at the next corner. I guess he didn't need directions.

"I just have to ask this though. How did you guys manage to not get caught?" I said quietly and fiddled with the zipper on my jacket. That was one of the millions of questions that were currently swarming through my mind, and I needed an answer.

"We were driving toward the store whenever we heard the sirens then we all saw a lot of police cars driving in a certain direction then we saw that they seemed to be heading toward the house. We laid low, and just hoped that Harry would somehow figure out that they were coming and that he could get you guys out." Zayn said quietly and sighed with a slight shake of his head. "But I guess they got him, huh?"

I frowned and nodded slightly. "I tried to make sure they didn't, but there was this one bitch of a police woman that kept poking holes in my story and every little thing I said. It was more irritating than anything, though." I said with slight annoyance in my tone. "She acted like she hated me whenever she didn't even know who I was."

"She sounds like she's jealous." Liam lowly commented.

I blinked. Now was the time he actually wanted to participate in a conversation? "Why would she be jealous? I didn't do anything."

"What did she look like, exactly?" Louis asked, suddenly curious.

I frowned. "Tall, dark brown hair, grey eyes, shrill voice, tanner then someone should be."

Louis groaned quietly. "Do you happen to know her name?"

"Umm..the police Captain said it. It's something like..Macey...Kacey..."

"Lacey..?" Louis asked quietly in a voice that was practically begging for her name to be something different.

I nodded. "Yeah! That's it. Do you guys know her?"

"This so isn't good, lads." Louis said and ran his fingers through his hair. "Damn it! Harry's never getting out of there!" He groaned out.

"You don't know that. Maybe she's over it." Niall said quickly with a frown tugging at his lips.

"How could she get over it? She wasn't exactly that type of person, Niall." Louis countered with a glare toward the small Irish member of their group.

"I don't know! But we have to have hope. Harry will never get out if we can't get him past that bitch!"

"Guys!" I called out to them to halt their words. "What's going on? Why would she cause any problems with getting Harry out of jail?"