[18] revealed

-

-

-

- Nick's POV -

-

"I..." Cory muttered the last part.

"What was that? Speak up," Sky demanded.

"I feel the same way about her," Cory muttered.

Nick didn't look at Shelby since he was too busy watching everyone else scream like a girl.

"OH MY GOD!" Ross screamed. "PERFECT COUPLE!"

"SECOND THAT!" Jin yelled.

"I am so glad I made you say that!" Sky smirked at Cory.

Nick looked over at Cory and Shelby, who looked at each other before looking away a split second later, blushing.

Nick finally decided on saying something. "You two are so cute!"

Cory responded by punching Nick in the arm.

"Ow," Nick complained, rubbing his arm.

"Can we please change the subject?" Cory pleaded.

"Not until I post a chapter about this on Wattpad!" Ross declared.

"Ross!" Jin hissed. "Stop breaking the 4th wall!"

"Guys, get back in character!" Okward whispered.

"Oh, yeah right!" Ross cleared his throat. He turned to you. "Uh, you didn't hear anything."

"But, please can we just get on with training or something like that?" Cory asked.

"We can continue training," Okward said. "But unfortunately I can only train one person at a time, so the rest of you will have to wait here. Cory, follow me, please."

Cory followed Okward out the door. 

Sky got up and stretched. He yawned. "Well, that was something."

"I agree," Jin said.

Nick nudged Shelby. "So, you and Cory, eh?"

Shelby blushed. "Nick! It's nothing like that!"

Nick raised his eyebrows. "Yet."

Sky and Jin both wolf-whistled.

Nick eyed Max. "You've been awfully quiet this whole time. What's up, man?" He sat down next to Max.

Max took off his beanie. He seemed to be thinking about something. Nick decided to stay quiet until he made up his mind.

Max finally leaned in and whispered, "You can't tell anybody this. Deal?"

Nick nodded.

Max sighed. "Cory wasn't the only one. I... had a crush on her, too. But you can't tell anybody that I said that, okay?"

Nick winked. "Your secret's safe with me."

"Hey what are you guys doing?" 

Nick looked up to see Shelby standing by them. He looked over at Max. Max has a really good poker face, Nick thought.

"We're just talking about my family's obsession with bottle caps," Nick said. "You wanna join in?"

Shelby grinned. "Of course!"

The trio talked and laughed about each other's family history until Okward came in with Cory.

Cory sat down by the group. Avoiding eye contact with Shelby, who was doing the same thing.

"Hey Cory!" Nick waved. "How was it?"

Cory yawned. "Pretty cool. I learned how to teleport using shadows, and how Sevens of Shadows can drain a person's life force. I also learned how to disappear into the shadows."

"Like, physically disappear?" Max asked.

"Yeah," Cory said. "Like this." 

He melted into his own shadow, until that, too, faded away.

Nick whistled appreciatively. "Cool."

"Yeah, I know, right?" Cory's voice said from somewhere.

Nick felt a hand on his shoulder. 

"Boo."

Nick screamed like a little girl.

***

- Cory's POV -

Cory leapt out of Nick's shadow, doubling over form laughing.

Everyone looked at him weirdly, except for Shelby and Max, who were also dying from laughter.

Nick had seemingly gotten over his shock. A grin slowly spread across his face. "So I'm guessing that was the shadow travel, right?"

Cory nodded, crossing his arms. "You got it."

"Nick?" 

Okward was by the door, beckoning for Cory's best friend. "Time for training."

Nick nodded, getting up. He looked over at Cory. "See you whenever I see you!"

Cory raised his hand for a high-five. "Same."

Nick obliged, walking after Okward.

Cory sat down by Max. He played with his thumbs awkwardly. "So..."

Shelby cleared her throat. "Yeah..."

"Can we just... stay in the friend zone for now? I meant what I said, it's just... with all this 'Evil' junk, I'm not ready for relationships, too," Cory said.

Shelby nodded. "I understand. I meant what I said, too, you know. Just... follow through with your promise, and I'll be fine."

Cory smiled. "Deal."