[22] surveillance

Thanks for the support you guys! 

-

-

-

- Aphmau's POV -

-

Aphmau paced around in her office. 

Well, it wasn't really an office. More like the place she spent the most time in.

The Portal Room.

How do you think she made most of her dramatic entrances?

She paused and looked in each portal.

The Experiment Room. Just as she had left it. The Dorms. Loud, as usual. The Head Room. In a meeting. The Main Room. Fine. The Entrance Room.

Wait. Aphmau squinted and leaned in closer.

She smirked. Preston had done his job well. 

The Seven were locked in battle against "The Pack," as they had called themselves.

Preston was fighting against Cory and that annoying Seven of Love, Shelby. Sky and Mitch were locked in combat. 

Mitch practically lived in the training room. He had perfect aim with a bow, he knew how to duel wield, his parkour skills were on point (but Preston was still better), and he knew how to find the chinks and weak spots in armor and shields. Yet even though Mitch was an excellent fighter, Sky seemed to be holding his own. 

Aphmau reminded herself to take note of that.

Jerome lay unconscious on the floor, probably the result of him saving Mitch. Aphmau cursed at his idiocy.

Rob, Aphmau's old partner from the Arcane Seven, was casting Level 4 Damage Spells at the Seven. Somehow, the Lord's son managed to find a Level 5 Shield Spell, and blocked Rob's spells every time.

Vikk was fighting against Nick. Vikk smashed down with his hammer, but every time, Nick leapt to the side. Sometimes, Nick would swipe with his axe, but Vikk had read him like an open book.

Max and Ross were teaming up against Lachlan. With Ross attacking with his whip and Max with his fire, Lachlan had no chance to use his bow. 

Aphmau kept observing the fight. All those training sessions with Preston really seemed to pay off, until Lachlan tripped on a rug and fell flat on his face.

Dang those decorations they had to put up for effect.

Max shot fire at Lachlan, but just in the nick of time, Lachlan rolled away and jumped onto his feet.

Max cursed and clutched his arm, where Aphmau noticed that Max had an arrow wound that was bleeding freely.

Ross looked over, but at that moment, Lachlan drew an arrow and fired.

The arrow had potion effects swirling around it. Aphmau smirked, realizing that Lachlan had used the poison arrow Rob had given him for a special occasion.

The arrow cut through the air towards Ross's heart. Aphmau looked on in satisfaction, until Max regained control and shoved Ross out of the way.

The arrow got Max in the shoulder. 

Oh well, Aphmau thought. Ross may not be dead, but Max is definitely disabled.

Aphmau drew her sword and jumped through the portal.