[29] tour

-

- Shelby's POV -

-

"Uni?" Cory asked, his brown eyes shining.

The man looked to be in his teens. He had brown hair, but the top was dyed blue. He had an eyepatch over his right eye.

"Cory?" Uni asked.

They ran toward each other and hugged.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" Cory cried.

They let go of each other.

"Um, Cory?" Shelby asked, her curiosity taking over. "Care to explain?"

Cory pointed at Uni. "This is Uni. My younger brother. Remember? We got separated after the fire. But Uni," he turned towards his brother, "what happened to your eye? Your hair?"

Uni gingerly touched his eyepatch. "I don't want to talk about my eye. But I dyed my hair because I wanted a fresh start. I thought you were dead, and I thought I was the only one left. The Live Rebels found me, and took me in. But look at you! You're part of the Seven! My big brother!"

Cory grinned at his brother.

Nathan cleared his throat. "Uni, you and your brother can talk later. I need to show the Seven around, before we go up and make battle plans."

Uni gave Cory one last hug before they continued.

Shelby looked at Nathan and Sierra. They had taken off their helmets once they had entered the building. 

Nathan had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was handsome, but Shelby didn't have any feelings for him.

Sierra had the kind of natural beauty that was good in itself. She had light brown hair and strangely purple eyes. 

Jin asked what Shelby was thinking. "Are those contacts?"

Sierra shook her head. "My family has magical origins."

Shelby looked over at Sky, who was gaping at the woman. The woman looked to be the same age as Sky, and had red hair and brown eyes. 

Nathan punched Sky's arm. "Stop gaping at Alesa. You two can make out later."

Alesa and Sky both blushed, before Sky joined his friends.

They continued down the hallway, where Nathan and Sierra stopped outside of a large room. 

Shelby took a peek inside. There were computers and large monitors everywhere, with people in white lab coats running around, carrying clipboards and wearing goggles or glasses. 

"This is where we do our research," Sierra explained. "We'll take you to our top scientists."

They weaved through people, before reaching the back of the room, where four scientists were working.

Nathan tapped one, who had brown hair and blue eyes, on the shoulder.

"What do you want, Teller?" the scientist snapped.

"Woah!" Nathan put his hands up in a surrendering gesture. "Calm down, Tyler. I only tapped your shoulder."

"You were also born into this world," grumbled Tyler. "Now leave me alone."

"Fine." Nathan rolled his eyes. He led the Seven away. "That was Tyler Mak. He's one of our best researchers. He's really good at hacking."

They approached another scientist, who was a girl this time. The girl had blonde hair and blue eyes. She was talking to a boy, and was pointing at a large monitor.