[39] fight

Rest in pepperonis, Willow Meilio. :'(

-

-

-

- Jin's POV -

-

Jin was standing by the door to the Head Room, tapping his foot impatiently. Nick was pacing around the hall. They were waiting for Cory, Shelby, and Sky, who had gone off to "Hall 4."

They had lost Max and Ross in the fight somewhere. Jin hoped all of his friends made it back in one piece.

Cory and Sky ran into the corridor, Cory carrying Shelby.

Nick stopped pacing. "Sky? Cory? What happened?"

Cory laid Shelby against a wall. "Joel came into the room. Since his 'death' was like, the anchor keeping Lizzie loyal to the Evil, when she saw him alive, she got turned back. But Lord Aphmau came up behind her and stabbed her in the gut."

"Is Lizzie alive?" Jin asked immediately.

"Shelby healed her," Sky answered.

"Wouldn't that kill her?" Nick asked.

"No, something about her drawing energy from the love Lizzie and Joel had for each other. Typical cliché movie thing, I know. But she's alive, and that's all that matters," Cory said, sounding as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Did you see Max or Ross on your way here?" Jin asked.

Sky frowned. "Yeah, I saw them back in the other room. They should be coming back soon."

Nick put a hand on his chest, breathing deeply. "Oh, thank the Lord."

They waited. Minutes went by. Jin started to get worried.

Finally, Max and Ross emerged from the entrance Sky and Cory had come from. Max had blood on his armor and hands. Both he and Ross looked like they had been crying.

"Max? Ross? What happened back there?" Cory asked.

Max managed to choke out one word. "Willow..."

Ross continued for him. "She jumped in front of Max. There was an arrow coming towards him and she..." He looked at his feet.

Jin bit on his lip, trying not to scream or cry. Willow...

"Hey guys," Sky said gently. "I know it's hard, but we're going to have to move on. We're right here, minutes, maybe even seconds, away from the fight of our lives. The Final Battle. We can't back down now."

"He's right." Cory raised his knife. "We're going to barge in there and kick the Head's a--"

"Cory!" Nick said sharply. "There are children here!"

Cory stomped his foot. "GOD DANG IT, NICK, THE FOURTH WALL!" Cory shrieked.

"Oh yeah." Nick turned to you and winked. "Shh..."

"But the point is, we go in there, and kick butt!" Cory said. "Now, let's go!"

Cory kicked down the door.

"Dramatic, much?" Jin heard Nick mutter, before rushing after his friend.

They ran into the room, holding up their weapons.

Jin reached his thoughts out to his spellbook. Um, spellbook, you there?

Yes, Jin.

What do you recommend for this fight?

Most likely a defensive shield, as well as Mana Bolts.