Chapter 1

Lauren allowed her hand to move freely across the paper. She didn't know what she wanted to draw, so she let her hand choose. She moves her pen around the blank sheet and watched as lines and triangles and squares and other various shapes start to appear. She kept moving, not letting her pen to come off the paper. This was a typical doodling session for the green-eyed girl. It let her creative side out while curing some of her boredom. She removed her pen and set it down on the desk. She looked at her pen covered paper and tried to decipher what she had drawn. Before she could make anything out, Lauren's friend, Dinah, crumbled up the piece of paper and threw it at Lauren's head.

"Earth to Lauser," Dinah said as the balled up paper bounced off Lauren's head.

"What do you want, Dinah?" Lauren asked annoyed.

"I want to go over my list with you."

The blonde Polynesian lifted her messy black mesh Nike bag onto her lap and pulled out a wrinkled piece of notebook paper. She used the corner of Lauren's desk to help straighten out the paper, but not even the desk could help the paper. Dinah placed the paper in front of Lauren and used her large hand to flatten the curled up paper.

"Excuse this mess. I'm having the final copy printed and laminated for you."

Lauren rolled her emerald-eyes before the Polynesian continued. Even without glancing over the list, Lauren knew exactly what was on it. The list contained a number of questions Dinah had for Lauren to come back with answers.

"Now, I'm not expecting you to answer all of these-"

"I'm not answering any of these," Lauren said, cutting Dinah off and crumbling up the list.

"Lauser, not the list," Dinah whined as quickly snatched the list out of Lauren's hand. "I spent an entire week writing these quality questions. You know that's something I rarely do."

It was true. This was the most work Lauren has ever seen the Polynesian do, but she still wasn't going to retrieve the answers for Dinah. The questions are invasive.

"I'm not asking Camila these questions," Lauren repeated for the fifteenth time this week.

Lauren never knew why people were so obsessed with Camila Cabello. She's seen the brown-eyed Latina a few times in the hallways and has met her parents several times since their fathers work together, but the Cabellos aren't any spectacular people. They're just your everyday middle class family. 

"Please Lo," Dinah continued to whine. "I'll never ask for anything from you again."

Lauren rose her her right eyebrow as Dinah continued to plead. Even if Lauren agreed, she knew within a few days Dinah would have another favor to ask.

"Fine, how about you ask her one of the questions," Dinah tried to negotiate, seeing that her other tatics weren't working.

"Which one?" Lauren asked curiously.

Dinah placed the piece of notebook paper in front of her and pointed to the number twenty-two. Lauren scanned her eyes over the question and realized it was Dinah asking for a shoutout.

"Really Dinah? A shoutout?" Lauren questioned. "You can't ask her yourself for a shoutout?"

"She intimidates me," Dinah shyly admitted before taking her list back.