Chapter 29

"I don't know," Camila said hesitantly as she bit her bottom lip.

"Oh," Lauren said, feeling a bit heartbroken. Although she was unsure of what Camila's answer would be, she always pictured Camila saying "yes" in the scenarios she ran in her mind. "Camila," she started before stoping again. She took ahold of Camila's hand and gently ran her thumb over Camila's soft skin.

"Lauren," Camila got out before Lauren continued talking.

"I know it may be hard for you to go into a relationship for a number of reasons, but I want you to hear me out. I've really gotten to know you these last few weeks for the person that you are instead of the person people try to make you out to be. You're different. Way different than I ever thought. At first, I thought you were okay, but after having our first conversation together, I though you were the biggest bitch," Lauren chuckled lightly as she remembered the time she dropped Aidan and Alexa off and Camila didn't even thank her. "But then this trip happened. I honestly thought these two weeks would be absolute hell, and now that this trip is coming to a end, I can honestly say these have been the best two weeks of my life. You helped me understand myself. My heart. My Brain. There's a connection between us. Something that I know we both feel."

"Lauren," Camila tried again. It didn't work.

"Here me out, Camz. You and Alexa are the best things to ever happen to me. Now that you've entered my life, I'm afraid I'm going to lose you. I don't want to lose you. Therefore, I'm willing to keep our relationship a secret until you figure everything out. We can stay hidden from the public, from your family, even Alexa. Just please give me a chance, Camila. I promise you it's going to be the greatest risk you've ever taken."

"Lauren," Camila said a little louder so she could get the older girl's attention without waking up her sleeping four-year-old.

"Yeah?" Lauren asked, as she looked into Camila's chocolate eyes with a sliver of hope.

"I was just teasing with you earlier. My answer was always going to be yes," Camila smiled as she squeezed Lauren's hand. "Thank you though for your words. It's really reassuring. Especially the part where you said you'd keep us a secret. I don't want you think I'm hiding you on purpose and I do want to announce to everyone one day that Lauren Jauregui is my girl, but I can't just yet. I need some time and patience, but with your help I'll be able to get to that day sooner."

"Oh my Atlanta," Lauren huffed as she placed her hand over her heart. "You scared the shit out of me. I thought you were fucking serious."

"Sorry," Camila said nervously. "I was going to tell you right after but then you started talking and I felt rude trying to interrupt you. I didn't mean to give you a heart attack. I'm sorry, Lauren."

"No, it's okay. Really. If I was thirty years older you may have had to rush me to hospital before I died of heart failure, but I'm okay."

"Please don't die on me."

"I'm not," Lauren reassured her. "Although a kiss might help my heart rate go back down."

Camila gave in, leaving a sweet small peck on Lauren's lips. Lauren's body instantly filled up with love, warmth, and protection. Her heart began to pound faster and harder than what she originally wanted, but the kiss was worth the extra heartbeats.

"That didn't help at all but thank you baby," Lauren giggled as she allowed her heartbeat to go back.

"I'll kiss you anytime you ask. Your lips are addicting."

"I could say the same about yours."

"Mmm," Alexa grunted as she moved around in Lauren's arms. "Shh, I sleep," she grumbled as she tried to find a comfortable spot in Lauren's arms.