Chapter 11

Lauren allowed Lucy to continue to ramble on while she walked towards the center of the resort. Even if her body allowed her to talk, she wouldn't even be able to get a word in. Lucy went on about how relieved she feels and about everything and made Lauren up to date with everything going on in her life, like her surprise graduation present to Jamaica. Every little giggle and excitement that came out of Lucy's mouth drove Lauren crazy, but not the type of crazy Camila drove her to.

Lauren walked into the building and snuck into the market before Camila and Alexa. The last thing she wanted was for them to come up to her while she was still on the phone with the other girl who messes with her heart.

"Hey Lucy," Lauren said quickly before Lucy could start another sentence.

"Yeah?"

"My food is ready so I really have to go, but I'll text you tonight and possibly we can talk tomorrow night."

"Oh alright," Lucy replied, sounding a bit down.

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't be. You're on vacation. You should go enjoy it."

"Goodnight Lucy and I'm sorry again."

"It's fine, Lo, but you better text me," Lucy tried to threaten, but instead started to laugh.

"I will, don't worry."

The two girls said their goodbyes and Lauren checked out before walking over to Camila and Alexa.

"Cookie,"  Alexa smiled as she stared at the bag in Lauren's hand with wide eyes.

"Go crazy kid," Lauren said as she handed the cookie to the little girl.

"Thanks," Alexa said without removing her eyes from the bag that held the giant cookie.

"And here's one for you," Lauren said as she handed Camila a cookie.

"You do know you're dealing with her crazy butt tonight," Camila stated.

"No, I'll be in my bed tonight," Lauren corrected.

"She's staying in your room tonight," Camila added.

"You're going to miss out on a lot of fun."

"A sugar filled child is not a fun time."

"Sure it is. You just wait and see."

---

What Lauren thought was going to be a fun, easy night turned into a hectic, sleepless night. Lauren stayed up for most of the night chasing after the little hyper child. When she laid in bed exhausted with Alexa passed out across the bed, she realized Camila was right, although she wouldn't admit it to the young mother.

The alarm went off sooner than Lauren anticipated and she struggled to get out of bed. All she wanted to do was sleep longer and meet up with everyone later, but she knew that wouldn't fly with her Mom.

She rolled her dead body out of bed and slipped on her shoes before picking up the sleeping child. She grabbed her Magic Band off the table and shuffled out the door to Camila's room.

"Lamp," the high-pitched voice mumbled as she hid her face in Lauren's shoulder.

"Shh," Lauren tried to sooth her as she knocked loudly on Camila's door. She lightly bounced Alexa up and down, not knowing what else to do.

Lauren kept switching between banging on the door and bouncing Alexa. She desperately wanted Camila to answer the door as soon as possible, but the longer she waited, the more anxious she became.