Chapter 25

Lauren wandered back to the place she last saw Lucy. With each step, she became more and more nervous. Her stomach was flipping in every direction and the ball in the back of her throat made her have shortness of breathe. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this. Her mind told her to stop, but her body said to keep moving.

From the corner of her eye, she could see the brown haired girl she was looking for. All the strength and courage she had moments before instantly vanished. She wanted to run back to Camila; her save haven, but Lucy had already spotted her.

"Well if it isn't my favorite green-eyed girl," Lucy smirked as she approached Lauren.

"Hi Lucy," Lauren replied shyly as she avoided eye contact.

"So where did you and your girl run off to while we were all getting food?" Lucy asked.

"We found a little beach over there and started talking about things," Lauren answered as she slowly looked up at the brown-eyed girl standing in front of her.

"Talking about what kind of things?"

"You know...things," Lauren shrugged as she tried to avoid the conversation she was supposed to have awhile ago.

"Hm...sounds like a fun time."

"Yeah, talking to Camila is always fun."

"She seems like an interesting girl."

"There is still a lot I have yet to learn about her, but from what I know about her, she is pretty interesting," Lauren shared even though she could tell from Lucy's facial expression she wasn't the least bit interested.

"Nice," Lucy nodded. "So where is your girl at anyways?"

"She's still down at the little beach area," the green-eyed girl answered.

"Oh, well then, I should probably let you get back to her then. I don't mean to hold you up," Lucy said with a soft smile before starting to walk away.

Lauren stood frozen in her spot as she watched the brown-haired girl walk away. She had the perfect opportunity to let everything off her chest, and instead she blew it.

Go after her, Lauren. Get it over with for Camila.

Lauren repeated the two sentences in her head once more before she slowly started to run over to Lucy. After a few seconds, her mind reverted back to the scenario she feared the most, but her body refused to stop.

"Lucy, wait," Lauren yelled out without thinking.

"Lauren?" Lucy asked confused as she watched the green-eyed girl jog the remaining few feet over to her. "Why are you following after me? Camila is probably wondering where you are."

"Camila knows...where...I am," Lauren panted as she rested her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?" Lucy asked as she heard Lauren's heavy breathing. "You sound like you're about to pass out."

Lauren barely ran far but the little run took her breath away. Her cheeks turning a bright red as she became embarrassed at how out of shape she was.

"Do you need to sit down or something?" Lucy asked scared after not hearing a reply from the older girl.

"I'm okay," Lauren replied as she took in a deep breath.

"You sure? There's a bench right over there," the brown-eyed girl said as she pointed at the wooden bench only a few feet behind them.

"I don't need to sit," Lauren dismissed.

"Then is there anything else you need from me?" Lucy asked, raising her eyebrow. She knew Lauren wouldn't run over to her unless there was something important happening. The Cuban never ran unless there was a reason to.