Chapter 5 (EDITED)

Baekhyun's Point of View

I heard some rustling somewhere and I heard whispers. I scrunched my nose and furrowed my eyebrows as the sunlight coming from the window hit my face.

"What should we do? Sooman knows that Baekhyun is here."

"I've already sent a message to them, they'll be here in few days. They'll help us seal this mansion and the grounds."

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw my brother's heads turn to me, Kyungsoo hyung approached me together with Luhan, "How are you feeling?" They asked, I placed my hand against my neck, I noticed that it's swollen.

"What happened last night?" I asked, they all looked at Chanyeol who was sitting on the far corner of my room, he's looking at me with those serious eyes. Luhan handed me an ice pack, "Put it against your neck, it would lessen the swelling."

"Sooman almost got inside the mansion," I gasped, I swallowed hard as I pulled myself up from the bed.

"But it's all fine now, Chanyeol hyung took care of him—"

"Is he dead?" I asked immediately, cutting Sehun off. All of them shook their heads, "He escaped but I'm pretty sure he'll come back." I looked at Chanyeol because he was quiet all the time, my eyes widened when I saw a bandage on the left side of his head.

"You're hurt..." I trailed off, he stood up as he shook his head, "It's nothing, you should rest—" I shook my head.

"Can you tell me about that Sooman? It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't know about him," they all sighed and looked at Chanyeol again, as if they're asking for permission. He nodded.

Luhan and Kyungsoo hyung sat beside me, "He's just like us, a demon," Kai started, "He's far different from any demons, he's that demon who's hungry for power." My eyebrows furrowed, "How is he different from you? Aren't you hungry for power too? Especially Chanyeol, I mean he's the dark demon." Chanyeol chuckled at my remark.

"No Baek, they are not that kind of demon." Kyungsoo hyung said, "As I was saying, Sooman is hungry for power. He wants all the powers in the world for himself, he wanted to be powerful than Chanyeol hyung," Kai said and gestured Chanyeol.

Right, he's the dark demon, he's one of the most powerful demons.

"What does it have to do with me? Why is he after me?" my oldest brother sighed, "Don't freak out okay?" I nodded.

"It all happened on your Christening. Our Father is friends with Chanyeol's Father, so he was invited on your Christening and that's why Taeyeon and I knew about him."

"But why did you acted that you don't know him? At the party?" I asked, "It's for your sake, we don't know how to explain it to you that's why."

"On the day of your Christening, Sooman suddenly showed up. He declared that he should be your Godfather, he will help you become a successful King but our parents refused at his offer. They know that he has other intentions," Kyungsoo hyung started, "Sooman got furious to our parents for refusing such a once in a lifetime offer, but they insisted that they don't want his offer."

"I saw how he was about to kill our parents for refusing him Baek but Chanyeol's Father stepped in, his Father had to help since he's a demon too. Sooman was furious at our parents for letting Chanyeol's father as your Godfather, his Father tried to stop Sooman but no avail."

"With a wave of Sooman's hand, strong winds entered the ballroom, there were twigs and big sharp branches, just right before our eyes, a big sharp branch was supposed to hit our Father but Chanyeol's Father shielded him with body and he was the one who was pierced with it. It pierced his heart." I looked at Chanyeol who's now looking outside the window, his jaw clenched and hand balled into fist.

"He could easily heal himself but the branch had poison, and he died on the spot. Before Sooman disappeared, he swore to come back and get you and will kill you," Kyungsoo said, "That doesn't make any sense." I shook my head, "I know Baek, for power he had to do it."

I heard Chanyeol walked towards my bed, my hold of the ice pack loosened as he stared into my eyes, I can that he's angry because his red eyes appeared, I won't lie he looks beautiful with those eyes, "I promised my Father to protect the son of his best friend before he passed away and I have to avenge my Father, I have to become the dark demon in order to protect you and kill Sooman." Chanyeol said as he stands at the foot of my bed.

I let go of the ice pack and heaved a sigh, "That's why we'll stay here for good, we will go after Father and Papa after all of this is over." Kyungsoo hyung said and nodded, we were startled by a knock. Chanyeol muttered something and the door opened revealing Minseok hyung and Jungkook, "Lunch is ready Chanyeol..." Minseok hyung muttered as he bowed down, Chanyeol nodded.

It's Lunch already? No wonder my stomach is already grumbling. I climbed out the bed with Luhan helping me because I am still dizzy. Due to the talking, I didn't noticed that my two younger brothers are also here. I was about to talk to Chen and Taehyung when I noticed that both of them gaped their mouth open, they were looking at something and I have to follow where were they looking.

I raised a brow when they were both looking at Minseok hyung and Jungkook who were now getting out of my room. I shrugged my shoulders off but before I could even go towards the door, I faced Chanyeol, I was startled when he was already looking at me, could he please stop that?!

I cleared my throat, "Fulfill your promise to protect me, and kill Sooman." I said to him and looked away and started walking. But I have to stop on my tracks because of what he said.

"I will, and I will never let that bastard get you, you're mine remember?"