chapter three

[01/01/2015]

Us, first years, did go to the park for that street basketball game with the addition of Kiyoshi-senpai. Apparently, the other guy, Kawahara (I think), got sick so Kiyoshi-senpai ended up as substitute for him. Kagami wasn't too keen on the idea but we had no choice.

"See, this is the reason why people don't like you, Kagami. Aside from those weird looking eyebrows of yours--"

"Hey!" he protested but I smacked his face before he can finish his words.

"--You're always scowling like you're carrying the weight of the world. Atlas carries it and I'm sure he smiled more than you do." I continued, taking a maiubo from my bag.

I opened the wrapper and stuffed it into my mouth while Kagami kept complaining under his breathe.

"Anyway, we should sign up now." Kuroko stated looking at the line in front of the registration. I frowned at the people lining up.

"Er-- I'll wait for you here. I'm too tired." I replied.

"Tch, lazy-pants." Kagami whispered which earned him a punch. He grumbled but Kuroko dragged him away before we can start another fight.

I sat on a nearest bench and whipped out my phone to pass time by texting Riko- the only contact stored in my phone aside from Kuroko and Kagami. Sad, I know. Minutes passed but Kuroko and the others hadn't come back yet so I took it to myself to look for them. I managed to get to the registration booth and, unfortunately, they were already gone which resulted in me having a mini heart attack.

We all know how this is going to end up. I got lost. What a sorry excuse for a feet. And what a sorry excuse of a human being I am.

In the end, I had no choice left but to look for them. The only place I'm sure they'll be was the court so in order to find them, I have to look for the freaking court. After walking aimlessly, I had no luck in finding them. As I was about to ask some group of people, I ended up slamming into a person which made me fall into the ground, along with the food.

"Oh, sorry I wasn't looking." the person in front of me drawled in a lazy voice. His large shadow casted over me so I looked up and ended up gawking at his large stature. He was enormous with matching purple hair and eyes- which was very unlikely for a Japanese person. He crouched down and helped me pick up the scattered junk foods. His hands stilled after picking up a maiubo. "Where did you buy this?" he questioned.

"Um, at a convenience store nearby." I answered. This guy was really familiar though I can't exactly point out where I've seen him but I'm sure he's also a basketball player, judging by his built. A though suddenly flashed in my mind. Maybe he can help me. "Um, do you know where I can find the basketball court?" I asked. He didn't reply. Instead, he was still looking at the food on my hand. "Hey." I called. He looked at me. "I'll give you all these food. Can you help me find the court?"

"Hm? Sure." he said. We both stood up from the ground and started walking, the tall guy leading the way. I gave him all the snacks even though I knew I'll get hungry later.

"I'm Aria Torres, by the way." I introduced myself in the middle of our walk of silence to the court.

He nodded. "Murasakibara Atsushi." he responded.

My head ached for a moment while I tried to remember where I've heard that name before. I was about to question him to know him more, hoping I'll get an answer as to why he was familiar but he was already... in the middle of the court, stopping a game- the team's game, to be exact.

Wait. Oh God, this is another case of dejavu.

--

Generation of Miracles. Akashi Seijuro.

Everything seemed like a memory that I lost. Everything was familiar. I swore I saw that scene before. I kept digging in my head to search for that certain memory but nothing came up. My head started spinning.

I was lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realize that I was already drenched from the rain. My eyes searched for Kuroko and found him approaching me.

"Let's go find some shelter, Torres-san." he mumbled.

I simply nodded. We dried up a little under a shelter. Kuroko suddenly got a text from the coach, telling us to stop by the gym so we did. On our way to the gym, Kuroko told us a little about Murasakibara but it wasn't any help. Nothing made me realize where I've seen that memory awhile ago. It was frustrating.

Nothing, at all.

As soon as we arrived at the gym, Kuroko was welcomed by a pretty girl which made the others envious. Her name was Momoi Satsuki, according to Riko Aida. Unsurprisingly enough, she was familiar, making my head ache even more.

I decided to stay on the other side of the court and play on my own. Playing basketball was some sort of meditation for me and my brother. My mind sort of calmed down and I was relaxed for a moment. I was in my own world for a moment.

"Aria-san!"

It was as if I came back to reality. I was in mid-air when someone called me which made me fall on thee ground for the second time today. I heard Kagami laugh at me. Riko shut him up by kicking him on the back.

Kiyoshi-senpai helped me up with a smile. "I didn't know you can play." said Hyuuga-senpai as he walked closer with the other behind him and Riko.

I smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Not really." I replied. My eyes looked around and realized that Kuroko was gone, as well as the girl, Momoi. "Kuroko already left?"

"Yeah." Izuki-senpai answered. "Anyway, we should go home. It's getting late." he added which everyone agreed on.

As usual, Kagami and I walked home together since we live in the same building. We walked in silence for awhile which was rare. Though it wasn't long before we started arguing. It was always bound to happen whenever we're together.

"I saw you with Murasakibara earlier." Kagami broke the silence.

I looked up at him and shrugged. "I got lost earlier and had to ask him for help."

He snorted. "That's stupid of you. The court was in the middle of the park. Everyone knows that."

"Well, I didn't know that." I retorted with glare.

He rolled his eyes. "It was obvious. Besides, Furihata already told us the directions. Are your senses in directions impaired?" he asked jokingly with a chuckle. I was silent for a moment and then tried to defend myself but realization suddenly crossed his face. "Oh shit, is that the reason why you walk with me to school?" he asked again, containing his laugh from bursting but he ended up laughing out loud which made a lot of people look at him.

I was red from embarassment but I did shut him up by slapping the back of his head. It did shut him up but he simply smiled. "Stop laughing at me, idiot!" I yelled and walked ahead.

He followed afterwards chuckling under his breath. "I was worried for a moment." he mumbled.

I looked up at him again. "What?"

He slightly smiled as he made an eye contact with me. "You were not yourself since this morning."

I was taken aback. He noticed? Wow. I looked away and fiddled with my fingers. "Thanks." I said.

He answered by messing with my hair. "Don't think about it too much, alright?" He walked ahead while I stood still, looking at his back. Who knew that Kagami Taiga, the guy who always pisses me off, has a soft side? "Are you just going to stand there?" he called out.

I shook my head and ran after him with a smile on my face.