Chapter 28 - The Symptoms

The sound of a phone ringing greeted me in the morning. I opened one eye and snuggled closer to my pillow.

"Aren't you going to answer that?"

I opened my eyes and looked in front of me. "A- Akashi?!"

He pulled me closer. "Yes." He mumbled. "Let's sleep more." I have never been the type to swoon over guys' morning voice but Akashi's sleepy voice... I'd give everything to hear it everyday.

My phone rang again. "I'm going to take the call." I pulled away and reached for my bag to fish the phone out.

It was Kagami.

I accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Aria! Where are you?"

I yawned. "I'm at the lake..."

"Who's that?" Akashi asked. One second later, Kagami asked, "Who's that?"

"Ah. I'll be there." I hung up and sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Let's go, Akashi."

"They're looking for us." I pulled my hair and laid my head on Akashi's stomach. "Akashi." I whined sleepily.

"Okay. Let's go." He sat up, kissed my forehead which automatically brought a smile on my face.

"Your smile is not fake anymore." He commented.

"How do you know so much about me?" I asked. I never had the chance to do so last night because he distracted me with those kisses. His kiss can make my brain stop functioning.

"I just know."

"Can you smile at me, Akashi?"

"No."

I frowned at him. "You're no fun." I took the blanket while Akashi carried my bag. He hugged me one last time before we headed back to the cabin.

As we entered the cabin, all eyes were on us. At the same time, Kagami stepped out of his room. His eyes widened when he saw me. "Aria! Where were you last night?" He demanded.

"Kagami, can we talk about this later?"

"Tch, okay." He frowned then glared at Akashi. His eyes trailed over to my bag which Akashi was carrying. "You- Never mind."

"That paperwork I told you to do, give it to me as soon as you had your breakfast." Akashi said then gave the bag back to me.

I sighed. He's back to Cold Akashi.

---

"Aria-kun!" Riko waved over from her table. She was with Hyuga-senpai's team.

I skipped to their table and sat beside Riko. "Huh? They're both on your team, senpai?" I pointed to Kise and Aomine who were in front of us, eating their food.

Aomine raised a brow, looking annoyed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I rolled my eyes at him and shrugged him off. Hyuga-senpai nodded. "So you babysit these two babies?" Kise and Aomine reacted negatively but Riko slapped them with her slapstick.

"Kise was supposed to be in Kasamatsu's team but he kicked this goof off in exchange of giving them Wakamatsu." Riko explained.

I giggled at the sight of the two's faces. "Oi, Riko! You can't just slap us like that!" Aomine yelled but Riko smiled at him which creeped him out. "Okay, I'll shut up now."

"Move." I heard someone say.

The guy beside me hopped off from his seat to give way to the guy who told him to move. My eyes widened when the guy had finally settled in his seat. It was Hanamiya Makoto.