Chapter 25 - The Almighty, Akashi Seijuro

Akashi's POV is written in third person format. I find it more intense when stories are written that way. Well, that's just my opinion. Plus, Akashi is not the type of guy to be narrative so yeah...

I hope you like this chapter! It'll be only Sei-tan!

---

From the very first moment he laid his heterochromian eyes on her, he knew she was something different.

When she answered without showing any fear. When she played basketball with him without hesitation. When she would talk to him like they knew each other for so long. When she would smile at him sincerely.

Right then, he knew he was right. She is different.

She was loud, childish, annoying, straightforward but never did he cared. Never did it bothered him. He was fond of her. Until now, he doesn't know how he would dislike her at first then just like her in a snap.

He felt like she cast a spell on him.

As day goes by, she came back to Tokyo but she didn't left his mind. She was all he could think about.

He went to Tokyo few days before Winter Cup starts. He wanted to see her. He followed her all the time. She was too carefree to even notice.

She would always get lost and he found it amusing and cute. And it was a great help. He would walk around with her, assuring her he'll be taking her back home. Little did she know about the feelings he was starting to feel.

He denied it at first but he was falling deeper that he couldn't go back.

Then entered Kagami Taiga. He was her friend and he knew that. But he immediately notice how Kagami stares at her. How he would give her his full attention. It made him sick and furious.

Then there was Danielle, that manipulative bitch. She was behind everything. She broke them apart. He was blinded by the hurt and rage he felt when he saw Kagami and Aria kiss that night.

Akashi could only chuckle humorlessly at that bitter memory.

Of all the nights he would see Aria, why did it have to be the night he saw Kagami kiss her. Two times.

He wanted to rip all of Kagami's body parts. He wanted to ruin his life. No one can have Aria but him. That Kagami should know better that Aria was his.

But he couldn't do anything about it.

Aria was too dense to even notice his subtle hints. So how can she even reciprocate his feelings.

Then there was her departure. He knew where she really came from. Danielle made sure that he knows that detail.

At that moment, he gave up. It was the first time he gave up. It hurts a lot but nobody can see him hurting. He masked it with his ever-so-cold expression so no one can notice.

Years passed and she was still the only person he can think about night and day. He was ready to move on but then she came back...

Very different from the Aria he once knew.

She was colder and... fake.

He hated the way she is now. He hated the way she talks now. He hated the way she dresses up. He hated the way she act and move. And most of all, he hated the way she talks to him. Like he was just a stranger.

Akashi-san? He thought as he clutched the ball tightly. What happened to Sei-tan? He threw the ball at a random direction and laid on the court.

He remembered that time when Aria asked him if he considers her as a friend. He simply said 'No' because he wanted her to be more than that.

He misses her. He missed the way she hugged him. How she sweetly calls him Sei-tan or Akashi. How she can show no fear when he's angry or annoyed. And he just loves it when she would meet his eyes.