chapter twelve

chapter twelve

I was awakened by the constant beeping of my phone. Without opening my eyes, I reached out to the bedside table where I placed the phone. My hand searched until I found the phone. I cracked an eye open and found a whole thread of Kise's text messages.

From: Kise Ryouta

5:48
> Aria!! \(^~^)/
> Let's go jogging! 🏃🏼‍♂️
> meet me at the park

6:00
> hahahaha
> WAKE UPPP (>.<)

6:15
> CHANGE OF PLANS!
> I'm in your house. Get up! v(^.^)v

I bolted upright in my bed while clutching the phone. Both eyes are now open and I stared at my bedroom door, trying to check if there really is someone at my house.

"Ariaaaaaa." Kise's voice echoed through my almost empty apartment. I pushed the duvet off of me and dashed towards the door. In one swift motion, I unlocked it and found Kise lying down on the couch, his feet using the coffee table as a foot stool.

I stared at him, annoyed. He seems oblivious I've just woken up and is now seeing him make himself at home without my permission. "It's too early for this shit, Kise."

He swiftly turned his head then rose from the couch excitedly. "It's never too early to start the day right, Aria."

"Go away, Disney princess." I leaned on the door frame and massaged my temples, feeling a bit dizzy from all the moving I've done this early in the morning.

"Let's go jogging to pump up our energy!"

I shook my head, pushing my body off the doorframe I was leaning in. "I'm not going to jog, especially when it's around 10ºC outside." he pouted in response then tried to resemble a puppy's face. I simply rolled my eyes at him. "Kise, it won't work. Why are you in Tokyo anyway?"

"It's just almost two hours away so I can go back and forth all I want." he explained with a nonchalant shrug, running a hand through his golden locks. He gave me a teasing smirk, "Besides, you owe me your Kyoto adventure story."

"There's nothing to tell." I responded, looking down at the ground.

"Hmm." I looked at him again and found him grinning mischievously. "Get changed. Let's go out to eat."

I breathed out exasperatedly, rolling my eyes. "Fine. It's your treat." I pushed myself away from the door frame and lazily stepped back into my bedroom.

"Yes, it's my treat," he replied. "Please look decent, your hair's a bird's nest."

I slammed the door close and went to the bathroom. I was kind of lazy to take a bath and I'm not really in the mood to take a bath– even with a hot shower– at this weather. The only thing I did was brush my teeth and wash my face. For my hair, I only pulled it up in a bun. I'm not going to change out of my loose pants and sweater either since I'll be putting layers of clothes on top of it anyway.

Once I was done, I went back to the living room. The look on Kise's face was nothing short of horrified.

"I have never seen a girl dress as ugly as you."