Chapter 33 - Their Unrequited Feelings

Third Person's POV

Dani walked along aimlessly as she clenched her fist as she thinks of her former best friend, Aria.

She saw them. She saw how happy they were and it infuriated her. She worked hard for Akashi's attention and Aria just barges in and take Akashi away from her.

It's always Aria.

Her memories brought her the first time she came into the world three years ago.

She woke up in a different bed after she fell from the ladder in that old dusty library. The first face she saw was from her guardian, Axel, Gabriel's twin.

Axel wasn't like Gabriel. He was far more mischievous than the latter.

He then enrolled her to a school. As soon as he named the school, she was suprised and confused at first but she got over it.

Then came Akashi, walking as perfect as he could be. She was the one that approached him to apply as their manager. He rejected her countless times at first but she never gave. She even resorted to begging.

Akashi Seijuro was such a cold-hearted guy. He was merciless and powerful yet he respected everyone if they're worth it.

That's why Danielle has to prove her worth and skills to Akashi.

He gave her the respect she wanted but he never gave her the attention she longed to have. He acted so professional.

He once told her, "Stop liking me." That broke her heart so much. The first guy she ever heart wanted so badly.

"I know everything about you! Why not me?!" She answered desperately.

That got Akashi's attention. "Is that why you joined the team?" He asks.

"No, I needed to see Aria in Tokyo. We could only meet through basketball. She can be my ticket home." She explains eventhough everything is a lie.

She hated Aria. So why would she even bother looking for her. That girl was always picked over her. She was everyone's favorite. She lived in Aria's shadow eversince they met. She was always second best and she hated the idea.

For once, she wanted someone to see her as her and not as just Aria's best friend.

Akashi nodded. He accepted her and she was happy but it wasn't for long.

Aria visited Rakuzan one day and she was already noticed. It would be okay if it was the others that liked her but Akashi... he gave her the attention she wanted.

She couldn't stomach the thought of them together. The scene at the opening day of Winter Cup made her realize that it was enough.

Akashi and Aria can't be together. It was simply unacceptable.

She followed Aria and she discovered Kagami's pathetic affection for her. It was just perfect for her plan.

All she needed was to bring the other Akashi and that was enough. If there was anything that Akashi hated, it would be losing.

Akashi was slowly falling for her. Aria was slowly changing him. So she needed to do it fast.

Fortunately, Kagami and Aria had this close bond. Plus, Aria was oblivious to those romantic kind of things. It would never cross her mind that Akashi is actually jealous of her relationship with Kagami.

She only needed to rub it in Akashi's face that he lost when it comes to Aria.

"Why do you keep on pursuing Aria?" Danielle once said when she visited Akashi's hotel room.