Chapter 41 - Home

Relationships last long not because they're destined to last long. They last because two brave people made a choice... to keep it, to work for it, and to fight for it. --anonymous.

♙♙♙♙♙

Aria Torres

Selaphiel sat behind his desk, his feet landed on the chair as he did his crouching stance. He eyes the both of us with his lifeless stare, not giving off any hints about his desicion.

I can feel my hands start to sweat profusely. The thought of leaving the world I learned to love gives a tremendous ache in my chest.

"can I speak to Aria?" Selaphiel voiced out, looking at another delicacy in front of him. His eyes never met any of ours so Dani and Axel went out after sending Selaphiel a few glares anf confused looks. "Alone?" This time, Selaphiel met Gabriel's eyes.

Gabriel stared into my brown eyes, subtly excusing himself before he walked out of the room, leaving me alone with the weird guardian.

"Why am I the only one you talked to?" I voiced my thoughts out to get the answer right away.

He smiled creepily, causing to send an eerie shiver up to my spine. "Because you're the biggest problem." He bluntly informed, shrugging as he devoured the tasty treat.

I frowned. "How did I became a problem?"

Selaphiel's dark eyes sent me a stare that made me stiffen. "Do you know how fatal a relationship between a mortal and a fictional character is, Aria?" He asks so I answered with shaking my head, saying no wordlessly. "There are possible negative effects of that kind of relationship. Usually, when that happens we take drastic measures by sending the girl back to her world but... your case is different. You're declared dead in your world and if we take you away, you'll be stuck in the black hole for eternity."

My heart thumped loudly against my ribcage as every word that came out of Selaphiel's mouth sunk in my brain. It seems he was slowly preparing me for the worst-- his desicion. The pain in my chest throbbed until I can feel the lump in my throat forming.

I refused to cry at the moment. I'm done with crying. I chose to be here... with Akashi. And I will fight for it.

"...Danielle can go back. Right now, I think Axel had already brought her back there. But you..."

I marched to his desk and slammed my fists on it angrily. "NO!" I screamed. "I'm not going to that black hole, Selaphiel!"

He looked surprised for a moment before he bursts in hysterics, slapping his thighs hysterically. His shoulders shook as each laugh escaped his mouth.

"Can't you be serious?" I asked, irritatedly, glaring at him.

He stopped a few seconds after, wiping tears off his eyes. "Sorry... it's just that-- You just made me laugh, Aria."

"What now?" I growled at him.

He gave a sincere smile, something that surprised me. He looks so adorable just now that I stared at him a little too long. "It's rude to cut into other sentences." He chastised playfully, waving the fork in his hand mimicking how a mother would scold a child. "Anyway, you should've let me finish first."

I gawked at him then face-palmed myself. "Then what's that speech about my relationship then?"

He shrugged, getting back to his usual passive self. "Nothing. Azariah just told me to beat around the bush a little bit."

My fists clenched as an animated vein popped on my forehead while my eyes started twitching in anger. "What?!" I bellowed.

"I'm saying, you can go back also but..." His expression suddenly changed into a serious one that's very uncharacteristic of him. "...Be warned, there are risks and problems that you'll face if you continue this."