Chapter 19 - Kagami's Confession

Last chapter before I say goodbye! I'll be drinking with my cousins tonight. Haha, party time. I'll continue the story tomorrow if I don't wake up with a bad hangover.

Toodles! xx

---

Yosen vs. Seirin

I sighed as I walked to Seirin's locker room. I decided to wish them good luck before their big game against Yosen. I was hoping to talk to Kagami but I decided to do it after their game so he couldn't lose his focus.

Luckily, I made it to the locker room in time. It's not that my feet is finally good with directions. It's just good with misdirections. Haha, I should tell that to Kuroko since, you know, his skill is misdirection. Got it? Haha, no? Okay. Moving on. I just followed the guy who told me to follow him. After he pointed the door of Seirin's locker room, I thanked him then knocked before opening it.

"Hi! Just came to wish you good luck!" I greeted, trying to sound ecstatic but deep inside, I was nervous for them. They were all tensed but I could still see the determined look on their faces.

"Thanks, Aria." Kiyoshi gratefully answered with a small smile plastered on his face. Mitobe gave me a thumbs up and nodded.

My eyes found Kuroko and Kagami sat on the corner, deep in their thoughts. I knew they saw me but they didn't acknowledged my presence which made me feel hurt and angry at the same time. Why would they act like this all of a sudden? I understand that they're getting ready before a game but this is unacceptable! They're acting as if I didn't existed.

I stared at them longer, hoping they would look but they didn't. I can feel the others' pitiful stares but I ignored everything and forced myself to smile.

"I think I should go... um, good luck again." I mumbled in a whisper then headed for the door. A tear rolled down my face as I leaned on the door after I closed it. I wiped it off and slowly made my way out of the stadium.

"Aria-kun!" I heard Kuroko call me. I stopped and waited for him to catch up. Once he got to me, he hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry for ignoring you. I can't talk to you because I can't lie to you. I knew you would ask me what's wrong and I was afraid I will tell you what I know." He explained as he pulled away to wipe the tears that wouldn't stop. "Please understand."

I nodded and smiled at him. "I understand. Thank you for explaining."

He smiled at me and ruffled my hair, like he always does. Atleast, I know Kuroko is not angry at me. I could atleast be happy. So that leaves the three, Akashi, Dani, and Kagami. Akashi hasn't talk to me yet. Dani is nowhere to be seen. So I guess, I'll start with Kagami first.

It will be easier because we're neighbors. Tonight then.

---

Okay, this is it, Aria. It's now or never. We need to talk or I'll never come back. Plus, I miss him. He's like my guy best friend while Kuroko is like the younger brother I never had. I can't prolong this. I need to know what's wrong with him.

It's already ten in the evening and I kept tossing and turning in my bed. I decided to talk to him tomorrow because I don't have enough courage to talk to him today but something keeps telling me tonight should be the right time I talk to him.

Sitting up from the bed, I heaved a deep sigh and decided to knock on Kagami's door and talk to him. I took my coat then headed for the door. Before I open my door, I breathed another sigh and opened it just to see Kagami standing in front of my door with an indesicive look on his face.

"Kagami." I mumbled, almost out of breath as I stared up at him.

He scratched his forehead and turned away awkwardly. "Can we talk?"