Chapter 27 - A Night Under The Stars

I stretched from my seat and looked at the time. 01:20AM.

I just finished making a training menu for the team. Since they have different skills, I had to use different kinds of methods to improve themselves.

Man, Akashi is such a slave driver. I've been his personal assistant all day. He told me to not leave his side so he can show me what to do. Tch, as if I didn't know. Duh! I was a former manager of a basketball team back in our world.

He also made the team go against each other four-on-four, leaving Tsugawa to be the scorer. After that, he told me to write all he dictates. So I did.

Then when it was Kagami, he said, Everything. Everything is wrong about him.

Of course, I objected. After all, Kagami had beaten them all. Haha, that sounded a lot like Pokemon. Gotta catch them all. Okay, back to the story....

So I told him, No, I won't list that.

Then we started arguing about what Kagami that made everyone stop and listen to us argue. Nobody backed down. Akashi was certain that everything about Kagami is wrong.

So our conversation ended with...

Flashback

"He's a hothead." He implies.

I frowned at him and raised a brow. "He may be a hothead but he never results to violence."

He gave me one of his piercing stares. "He lacks mental strength." He added firmly.

"And you need to seek help to a professional for the mentally ill."

This time, his stare turned to a murderous one. "Are you implying I'm mentally retarded?"

I tried to contain the laugh that was about to burst any minute now. God, that was such a good retort. "I'm not saying anything." I sing-sang, annoying him even more. He clenched his fists so I backed down. I'm not that brave to tease him even more. He can kill me in my sleep. "Seriously, Akashi. You're being unreasonable." I remarked. "Sure, Kagami is a bit down on the mental strength but his skills and techniques are almost on par with the GoM."

"Don't make me laugh, Aria. He's nowhere near us." He arrogantly stated, head held up high.

I puffed my cheeks out to let the frustration out. "But you lo--"

"He relied on his zone, Aria. That's how he won. Do you think that relying on the zone could let him win? You just can't enter the zone in a snap. Besides, if it was just between us two, he wouldn't reach any of our feet." He explained. Typical Akashi. He just can't accept one loss.

"You lost one time, so what? You don--"

He met my eyes. "That's not the only one I lost, Aria." He suddenly said in a very serious tone. His eyes. Was it just me or did his eyes showed an emotion that no one could possibly see in Akashi Seijuro. The cold and heartless captain of the Generation of Miracles was hurt?

"Akashi..." I trailed off in a low voice. "I--" For once, I was at loss for words.

"I expect to see a training menu ready for tomorrow. That's all." He dismissed everyone and left all of us. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief but me? I spaced out.

End of Flashback

Maybe that's the reason why he became so heartless. He who has no care in the world but himself was actually broken inside. He kept everything to himself. Akashi Seijuro is still human after all.

I closed my notebook and stood up from my seat, wore a sweater, took my bag to put foods in it and got out of my room quietly.

After I was done with the preparation, I stepped out of the cabin and headed to the nearby lake. That lake was actually a good place for people who likes to be alone.