Chapter 24 - She Doesn't Remember Him?!

Thank you to hannahclemens and geminidragon for their votes and comments. Thank you also to those who added this story to their reading lists. I appreaciate it so much. You always made my day everytime I see a notif.

I didn't expect for this story to reach a thousand reads. So thank you. :)

---

"Tachibana, that was a good game." I greeted as he walked to our group after Riko finished practice earlier than the norm.

Tachibana avoided my gaze, pouting. "Tch, yeah..." He responded, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Sorry."

I slapped his back harder than I intended so it left a red mark of a handprint. "No problem! Next time, you might want to lower the arrogance a bit."

Kagami went beside me and slung his arms around Tachibana. "Be easy on him, Aria! This guy had gone through a lot with us."

"Oh yeah, who became captain after Hyuga-senpai?" I queried.

"Ah! That would be Furihata."

My jaw dropped literally. "What?! He was the captain?"

"Don't sound so surprised, Aria-san." Furihata complained shyly.

I chuckled at him then turned back to Kagami. "Then why didn't Kuroko became captain."

"He simply doesn't want to." Kagami muttered. "And I didn't want to al--"

"Kagami, I'm not asking about you." I butted in which everyone heard so they laughed at Kagami.

"Oh yeah, I saw a magazine earlier! I didn't know that you and Aomine can get along?" I exclaimed, teasing Kagami.

"Huh?"

I ran to the side to get my bag and took the mag I bought earlier then showed it to him. "Here! You two are so cute together!" I squealed, pointing to the cover where Kagami and Aomine were beside each other.

I swore I saw a vein pop in Kagami's forehead as he tried to get it from my grasp. "Aria! You..."

---

Riko's POV

We watched as Aria teased Kagami more. She kept on tossing balls at Kagami's face. We could only laugh at them.

"Kagami-kun seems to be livelier when he's with Aria." I heard Kuroko mumble beside me. I nodded and watched as the two finished fighting. Aria was now teasing Tachibana, slapping his head and back repeatedly while Tachibana could only grumble and glare at her.

"Oi, Aria! Let's go!" Kagami yelled. Aria slapped Tachibana one last time before running to Kagami and Kuroko.

"Oh yeah, how are the Generation of Idiots?"

Furihata and Kawahara snorted at how Aria called the GoM. "Ah, them? They went to different colleges."

"Are they still playing?" She asks.

"Yeah. We'll be seeing them in the upcoming tournament." Kiyoshi replied. "Anyways, when did you came back?"

"Uh, just this morning!" She replied. "I'll be going to Tokyo University."

"Tokyo U?" Fukuda repeated. "If I remember it correctly, Akashi from Rakuzan studies there. You know, Kuroko's former captain?"

Most of us stiffened but Kagami almost glared at Fukuda for mentioning the feared captain. "Really? Interesting." Aria answered with a sly grin etched on her face that caught us by surprise. Hyuga and Kiyoshi told us that the two dated before so why isn't she affected?