Chapter 22 - She's Back

I can't breathe.

I can't believe this! This is impossible. I need to some air to think. It can't be. I must be hallucinating. I didn't talk to him.

I paced back and forth in my room. There was this sinking feeling in my tummy that I can't shake off. I can't relax now that I saw Gabriel again.

Gabriel, my guardian in that world.

Anyway, I don't get why he's here! Isn't he supposed to be guarding another girl or whoever? He shouldn't be here in my world!

It took me an hour to get to my thinking place. It was already ten in the evening when I left the party. I couldn't pay attention to anyone or anything so it would be best for me to stay away.

I stopped and got out of the car, taking my secret stash of cigarettes with me then leaned on the hood as I lit one stick and occassionally puffed smoke, staring out into the open view of the city from below the place.

"I thought it was only your appearance that has changed but it seems I stand corrected."

Over the last three years, I changed my former brown hair into a blonde with red, orange, and yellow highlights at the end. I also wore clothes that are more revealing and I started smoking just a year ago. Somehow, smoking helped me calm my nerves a bit. Gabriel was right. I did change. A lot.

I stood up straight and did a hundred and eighty degree turn quickly. "Gabriel."

A faint smile appeared on his lips as he stepped closer. "It's been a while, Aria." He whispered and bowed.

"Wha- What're you doing here?" I immediately asked.

He leaned on the hood and smiled at the scenery. "You changed a lot, Aria. I can't believe you're the Aria that I once teased and talked to."

"It's been years, Gab. I do grow up and somehow, I change." I responded in a flat voice.

He shook his head and forced a smile. "How would they react if they saw you like that?"

I let out a humorless laugh. "Stop goofing off, Gabriel. They would never see me again."

"Are you sure about that?" He asks, raising a brow at me.

At first, I couldn't get what he was trying to say but when I did, I faced him. My eyes widened as I realized what he was trying to say. "Are you saying..."

He avoided my gaze. "Do you remember when I told you I couldn't let you go leaving an unfinished business on hold?" He asks. My head tilted to the side as I tried to remember if he really did told me that. "Well, it seems you have left something very important that needs to be finished." He informed with a wicked grin on his face.

"Don't tell me..."

He chuckled, buried his hands on his pockets like he always does, and stared back at me. "Yes, you are, M'lady."

"B-but... That can't be! My life is just starting, Gabriel--"

"Then finish it and go back here."

I glared at him. "The last time you said that I ended up in a coma for four months!" I accused, pointing a finger in his direction.

He shrugged. "Not my problem." This guy. "I'll just meet you at your old apartment." He repeatedly pats my shoulder before walking off.

"What makes you so sure that would be back?" I asked.

He grinned. "I got you in that world, brought you back to your world. So..." He proudly stated.

"That's illegal detention, Gabriel!" I yelled.