cinq

double update to hopefully make you all feel less sad about the euros final. i'm so disappointed not by the fact that they lost its against who they lost. no one expected Portugal to win, but anyways enjoy :-)

a week later

i've been in madrid for week but fortunately i can still work for this job i want. i'm working on my last piece of work then they'll decide if i've got the job or not. antoine and i are still a little weird but it's slowly getting like old times as the time goes on. but as he's been so busy with training and working out, we haven't had time to have a proper talk.

'clo, are you in there?' asks antoine knocking on the door.

'yes come in.' i say, as he comes in and sits on the bed.

'can we talk?' he asks. i move my laptop off my lap and sit crossed legged opposite antoine.

'sure.'

'okay.' he says taking a deep breath, 'you know i've been super miserable since we stopped talking, the only light in my life since you has been erika and i've been so blessed to have her. i love her more than anything but when i really needed to talk to someone, it was you who i needed to talk to. last year when you met olivier giroud at the arsenal match, i was there. he told he had met someone who looked just like you and that made me miss you even more, the fact we were in the same stadium and everything. but that's not the worst thing,' he says sighing, 'the media is breaking me chloé. they are saying i'm not good enough to be go to to atlético madrid, one of the best teams in the world. i keep trying and trying to show them i am worth it, i mean i score, i assist, i show off my skills but that isn't good enough apparently. it's seriously bringing me down, sometimes i just want to abandon this whole lifestyle and abandon football forever and go to back mâcon. but even if i went back there what have i achieved? i mean look at you, you got your brevet, your bac and your masters degree and now you're waiting for the job of your dreams. i don't have anything like that, i'm useless.' he says lying down on the bed.

'if you feel depressed why did you never call me?' i say quietly.

'because i knew you hated me.'

'antoine, i never hated you and i never have.' i say, 'the media is a bitch, everyone knows that. especially myself for wanting to be a journalist. you can't let them bring you down like this, you're letting them win. you've just got to focus on football, you've got thousands of supporters. so many people wish they have the talent that you have! the reason why you stopped school was for football and did your dreams come true? yes they did. you got to focus on your career and less on the media.' i say and 'if you honestly feel that bad, you should always try and talk to a professional antoine, i'm being dead serious. we don't want you to get into depression or anything.

'i needed that.' he says sitting up.

'the talk?'

'no the kick in the ass about not caring what the media say.' he says smiling slightly, 'i'm so glad you're back clo, these 6 years have been too long.'

'i know they have, i couldn't even watch the world cup because i felt so bad of what i did. i was too bitchy and defensive about dylan.'

'i was acting too possesive of you and didn't want any guy having you or touching you because i didn't want them to take advantage of you. are you still with him?'

'no, we broke a year and a half later because i was moving to england and he was studying in lille so we thought it'd be better off. now we've completely lost contact though, not that i care to be honest.' i say shrugging.

'also antoine, can i ask, why did you kiss me that day?'

'okay, the thing is, i had a crush on you for like a year okay. i don't why or how it happened i just crazy liked you and that moment just made me kiss you.' he says embarassed.

'you liked me?' i say grinning, 'antoine griezmann had a crush on me!' i say laughing.

'shut up!' he says pushing me slightly.

'why? what you gonna do about it?' i say ruffling his hair and he defensively swats my hands away.

'right, that's it! you've touched my hair!' he says then starts tickling me.

'stop it!' i say laughing as he tickles my sides for a few minutes then stops and looks at me and smiles.

'my best friend is such a beautiful young woman.'

'and you ain't too bad yourself grizi.' i say, and he rolls his eyes grinning.

'i know i keep saying this but, chloé sarah danielle fleury, i have missed you so fucking much.'