six

a year ago

so i ended up getting the job at the newspaper, i'm absolutely loving it. i get good pay, i get good time off and i got good hours. all that hard work paid off eventually. right now i'm currently in spain, in barcelona to be more exact. i'm going to watch barcelona vs atletico, i'm super hyped because i get to see msn in action. i mean messi is the football god. i know i should want atletico to win but if barcelona i don't mind because they've got neymar and he's hot. i haven't seen antoine in a few months but after the match i'm going to a dinner with all the players, it's a special dinner for friends and family only. antoine promised me he's going to get me to meet neymar at all costs.

'gracias.' i say to the taxi driver as he drops me off in front of the nou camp. i stand outside the stadium speechless for a few moments, it's so much bigger in real life. i walk to the entrance and give my ticket and walk up the stairs, i buy a bottle of water and walk down to my seat wearing my GRIEZMANN 7 jersey that antoine gave me, he did say i could wear messi if wanted to but i have to support my best friend.

--

the match ended in 3-2, atletico losing and msn scoring each goal. i'm currently getting ready for the dinner tonight.

'guys,' i say calling out to erika and antoine before coming out of the bathroom. 'what do you think?'

'you look hot.' says erika. 'you're definitely going to impress neymar.' she says laughing.

'so what do you think antoine?' I ask turning around.

'well you look amazing but i'm still imagining this little girl who used to hate wearing dresses and used to live in her vans and ripped jeans.' he says laughing.

'i'm glad i grew out of that stage, don't you think my make up is a little too much? i was experimenting with contour and highlighters but to make it still look natural but i feel like it's too much.'

'no! it looks amazing! if i could do my make up like you, my life would be complete.' says erika.

'thanks, well it's really thanks to margaux, she's a make up artist on the chanel counter in debenhams so she sometimes brings back some stuff for us to have.' i say shrugging.

'anyways are my two special ladies ready to go to dinner.' he says putting an arm around each of us.

'wait i just need my purse!' says erika getting her purse and i look up at antoine's hair. 'i can't believe you died your hair blond.' i say shaking my head.

'what i look great?' he says scoffing.

'no neymar looked great, you look bad.' i say and he rolls his eyes.

--

we're walking into the restaurant, everyone dressed up.

'follow me.' says antoine using his free hand to take mine. i follow him confused until he finally sits down at a table, 'sit on my left.' he whispers.

i look at him confused, 'why?' i ask quickly and he gestures his head to his left and i look to the left and there's neymar.

'holy fuck!' i whisper to antoine and he smiles. i sit down next to neymar, trying to keep my chill as he's even better looking in person.

'hola.' he says smiling in spanish.

'hello.' i say in french.

'do you speak spanish?' he asks in spanish once again. fortunately erika has taught me some basic sentences for when i get around.

'only a tiny bit. i speak fluent french and english.' i say trying to speak spanish.

'oh okay! i can practice my english.' he says laughing, god his laugh is so cute.

'you friends with antoine griezmann yes?' he asks and i nod.

'ah he's very good player. and he's very lucky.'

'very lucky?' i ask him.

'because his friend is very beautiful.' he says and i feel my cheeks go red.

'stop it.'

'it's true you are very beautiful! what is your name?

'chloé.'

'ah very french.' he says laughing once more, his laugh is so cute someone record it for me on tape so i can listen to it when i feel sad.

'i am neymar.' he says smiling and laughing. does this guy ever stop smiling and laughing?

'i know, you're an amazing player.'

'i try and learn from the best.' he says looking at an other table. i look where's he looking until i finally notice what he's looking at, lionel fucking messi.

'messi is the football god.' i say and he nods in agreement then all of sudden someone is tapping on their glass meaning they have something to say. i turn around facing the other way to neymar and the two people standing up are erika and antoine.

'we would like to announce something to my fellow players in atlético and fellow la liga players.' says antoine.

'this is something new and challenging for us but we're super excited. our families are already aware but i wanted to say it tonight as my best friend is here and she flew in especially to see us all play today.' he says looking down at me smiling and neymar taps my shoulder and whispers, 'that's you querida!'

'we're happy to announce that, we're having a baby.' he says and everyone cheers and i'm cheering and clapping for them. i can't believe my best friend is having a baby!

'how long have you known?' i ask antoine.

'only 4 days, i didn't tell you because i wanted it to say tonight especially for you.'

'aww grizi is gonna be a dad!' i say ruffling his hair.

'not the hair!' he says getting defensive.

'quit whining grizi! i'm going to be an aunt!'