treize

can we take a moment and just pray for nice and pray for the world. so many innocent lives have been lost because of idiots. france is my country and it hurts that these attacks don't even surprise me anymore. if anyone lives or knows anyone from nice please stay safe. ❤️🇫🇷

'there.' i say to myself as i finish my most recent article, i re read it to make sure there's no spelling mistakes and to see if there's anything i could change. please with what i've done, i send it off to the editor and just in time for my lunch break. i turn off my computer and put everything in my bag and go downstairs to get some lunch. i order a panini and a bottle of water and sit down at a table. a few minutes later, my work friend ben sits down opposite me.

'hey, did you hear about the new job opening?' he asks, i shake my head, 'no why?'

'well it's for the sports pages, more specifically football. and i was thinking as you're going out with neymar and you're friends with antoine griezmann you'd enjoy writing about it? i mean you get to travel to spain a lot so you'll see neymar more.' he says smiling.

'i'm not friends with antoine.' i say bluntly.

'oh right! sorry. i'm sorry, i didn't know what happened?'

'i don't want to talk about it. but anyways i don't think i'll take the job, i mean i know my stuff about football but there's better people than me. like you for example! you love football, why don't you take it?'

'i was going to try for it but i thought maybe you'd want it more.'

'okay, i'll think about it. but i love the stuff i'm writing about now but i'll think about it. thanks ben.'

'no problem.'

--

when i get home, i flop on my bed and stare at the ceiling. i need to escape from here. i need neymar, i need antoine. i can't live this far away from the two people i love the most, i need to move. i need to move to spain but then what about my job? i mean i could get a job over there but my spanish is nowhere good enough. i throw my pillow in frustation at the wall then get my phone and dial a number.

'hello?'

'hi erika, it's me.'

'oh hello chloé.'

'look, this might be a bad time but how's antoine doing?'

'i left him chloé. after what happened at the restaurant, i figured we weren't meant to be. i'm living in a small house near my parents with mia. antoine's free to visit anytime but he needs some time to himself to think, to figure himself out."

'oh wow, i didn't expect that all, i'm sorry.' i say in shock, 'can i ask you why you broke up?'

'you'll find out soon enough, i have to go now chloé. talk to you soon, bye.' she says and hangs up before i even have the chance to say goodbye. that's it, i need to escape.

--

hours later, i'm stood in front of a familiar house, in the early hours of the morning. i knock on the door and a few moments later, the door opens.

'baby!' says neymar picking me up and hugging me, 'what are you doing here?'

'i needed to escape from everything, do you think it'd be possible for me move in?' i ask and his eyes light up.

'of course querida! baby girl, you look tired, let's get some sleep and we'll talk about in the morning.' he says taking my suitcase and hand and going upstairs as i follow him.

'why were you awake so late?' i ask as i take my jeans off and put my pyjama shorts on and take my bra off.

'i was playing fifa.' he says as i go into the bathroom. 'playing fifa yet you sponsor pes?' i ask him as i clean my face and teeth.

'no one has to know.' he says getting into bed and then i lie next to him and he has his arms around me.

'chloé? do you think antoine's okay?' he asks and my heart sinks at the mention of his name.

'i have no idea.'

'have you spoken to him since?'

'no.'

'do you miss him?'

'yes.'

oKAY NOT MY FAVOURITE PART I JUST NEED A FILLER OR TWO UNTIL SOME GOOD STUFF HAPPENS;