douze

'antoine! antoine wait!' i say quickly jumping up and following him, the whole restaurant looking at us. as soon as i get out the cold madrid air hits me. i see antoine walking a few metres away, 'antoine!' i say calling after him.

'antoine! come on, talk to me please!' i say and he finally stops and faces me.

'you just don't get it do you?' he says looking at me, his jaw clenched and his eyes sparkling.

'get what? what are you talking about?'

'forget it. go and live your precious little happy perfect fairtytale life with neymar. but i don't want to be apart of that life. i don't want to see you ever again.' he says before turning around and walking, leaving me there, make up smudged from crying, shivering from the cold as i just watch him walk away from my life.

'chloé! clo! there you are!' i hear neymar shout and i feel a jacket cover my shivering shoulders.

'chloé, are you okay? where's antoine?' he asks wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close and i cry into his chest.

'he's gone, neymar. i've lost him.' i say between sobs as he tries to calm me down.

'are you okay? where's antoine?' asks erika worriedly.

'i don't know, he just left apparently.' says neymar, still keeping his arms around me to keep me safe and warm.

'fuck.' she breathes, 'are you okay chloé?' she asks me and i shake my head, 'right i'd better get going to make sure antoine doesn't do anything stupid.' she says to neymar, 'call me if anyone happens.' she says then leaving.

erika's pov

i quickly get into my car and drive back to our house, that's the only place antoine's going to be. i'm sure of it. once i get there, quickly lock the car and run to the house. thank goodness i'm not wearing heels.

'antoine? antoine! i know you're here.' i say calling out for him. i look around downstairs until i stop as i hear someone sniffling, found you. i look out the window and there's antoine sat by the pool, looking at the stars. i open the living room door slowly and he turns around then turns back around again.

'hey.' i say sitting down next to him, crossing my legs.

'erika, i'm not in the mood to talk about it-' he starts to say but i cut him off, 'i don't want you to talk, i want you to listen. only talk if something i'm about to say, isn't true.' i say and he sighs.

'first of all i know you hate neymar. you don't hate him because he's a bad person or anything, you hate him because he has something you haven't. he has chloé, he gets to wake up to her in the morning, he gets to see her smile, he gets to kiss her, he gets to cuddle her, he makes her happy the way you can't. you're jealous of what he has. i'm not blind antoine. i've seen the way you've been looking at her and the way you've been talking about her. you're in love with her.' i say looking at him, his blue eyes sparkling, when he looks down a tear falls down his cheek. i take a deep breath. i was kind of hoping he was going to deny all of it and say he still loves me. but i was once told, feelings come and go, you can't change anything.

'i'll leave now, thank you for five incredible years antoine. and a beautiful baby girl. goodbye antoine i hope someday you'll find your chloé.'