quatorze

^ my neymessi heart

a few months later

i wake up after what it seems 10 years of sleeping, i rub my eyes and groan as i look at the alarm clock, 9am, surprisingly it's not that early. i get out bed, and go downstairs to see neymar and lionel at the breakfast table.

'good morning, hi leo.' i say going over to them and giving them both a hug.

'don't you both have training this morning? i mean you both have a match tonight.'

'it doesn't start till 10, so leo came in for some breakfast.' says neymar putting a pancake on my plate, 'i made some pancakes! but don't tell lucho.' he says.

'are you guys nervous?' i ask them and they both shrug and shake their heads.

'i don't really get nervous, i get excited just the adrenaline just before a match as you know anything could happen.' says leo. leo's girlfriend, antonella, has been helping me so much with spanish. i've improved a lot since i moved here permanently.

'are you coming tonight, chloé?' asks leo before drinking his coffee.

'of course.' i say smiling,' who are you against again, real madrid?' i ask and neymar shakes his head, 'no atletico madrid.' he says quietly.

atletico madrid. this will be fun, not.

--

'so are you going to try and talk to him?' asks shakira as we sit in the stands, not near the other wags. shakira and antonella are the ones i'm closest to the most, i've told them about antoine and they've given me the best advice.

'yes, i'll try. i want to go down just before he goes into the tunnel and try and talk to him. i mean like congratulate him or something then ask him for talk.'

'good luck.' says shakira smiling softly rubbing my shoulder.

'oh look here they come!' she says as the barça and atletico players come onto the pitch. i spot antoine in the other team as they stop for a picture before going to shake barça hand, i notice when he shakes everyone's hand he looks at them and smiles, except for neymar. he just shakes it and looks straight ahead.

a few moments later, the whistle blows.

'come on luìs!' i as he passes the atletico defenders, passes it leo and he scores making everyone in the camp nou cheer and chant "messi, messi, messi"

'they don't call him the greatest in the world for nothing!' i say laughing until a few moments antoine has the ball, he flies past iniesta, does a nutmeg between jordi alba's legs, confuses mathieu now he's stuck between piqué and umtiti, he thinks fast and shoots, the ball curling enough for the ball to get into the net.

'what a great goal.' says shakira impressed yet confused.

'he's going to be the one of the best, someday.'

--

the match ended in 4-3, with messi scoring a hat-trick and suàrez scoring the other one. as the players are still on the pitch, shakira taps on my shoulder.

'quick! go down now!' she says motioning to antoine who's walking towards the locker rooms. i quickly go down the stairs to the barrier just next to the locker rooms. i stand there as antoine gets closer and closer.

'antoine!' i say as he walks past, he stops, turns around and stands in front of me raising an eyebrow.

'antoine, let me talk to you.' i say.

'there's nothing to talk about chloé.' he says before walking away.