Chapter 40

We both stood on the rooftop, to see a girl standing there too.

I narrowed my eyes at the figure before I could make out who she was.

"Chung Ae?"

~Continue~ 

Taehyung walked towards Chung Ae while pulling me behind him.

"What are we doing here?" I whined, unwilling to approach Chung Ae. 

"It won't be long..." He whispered. 

 I flinched a little as he tightened his grip on my wrist. 

"Oppa!" Chung Ae sped towards us. "Why is she here?" 

Chung Ae pointed at me. 

"I thought we were going to be alone." She stated. 

"I'm going to go straight to the point." Taehyung immediately said. 

"What do you want to know oppa?" Chung Ae innocently smiled. 

"Did you tell Jong Hyuk to harm Mi Yeong?" Taehyung demanded. 

"W-What are you t-talking about oppa?" She laughed awkwardly. 

"Did you!?" 

"N-N-No!" She denied. 

Sensing the threatening atmosphere, Chung Ae spoke up nervously. 

"I-I d-didn't e-exactly t-tell J-Jong H-Hyuk that..." Chung Ae stuttered nervously. 

Realizing the look on Taehyung's face, Chung Ae instantly tried to defend herself. 

"B-b-but I told him to get Mi Yeong away from you oppa! But Oppa! Mi Yeong doesn't deserve you! She doesn't!!" 

"So it was you." He emphasized. 

"Fine! I admit! It was me! But it's because you never spend time with me and you're always with that trash Mi Yeong!" She yelled with desperateness. 

"DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO HARM MI YEONG AGAIN OR CALL HER THAT. DO YOU HEAR ME?" He harshly shouted. 

"BUT OPPA!! I'M BETTER THAN HER!! I'M MORE SUITED FOR YOU!!"

"Don't even call me that way." He gritted his teeth. 

"OPPA!!!" Her eyes started to water. "SHE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE TO TOUCH YOU-!" 

In a blink of an eye, Taehyung turned back to me and the next thing I knew. His lips were on mine. 

I glimpsed flowing tears dripping from Chung Ae's eyes as she ran away from us. 

Instantly, I turned my attention back to Taehyung as his arms pulled me closer to him. His arms were around my waist as if unwilling to let me go. 

I sensed his tight grasp and realized. 

He's ... afraid? 

My hands instinctively moved from their places. Reaching out, my fingers brushed against his skin, gently hovering over his cheeks.  His eyes slowly opened as his grasp loosened a little.  I could see hints of anxiety written in his pupils 

Calm down Taehyung...

You calmed me down many times...

So...

I leaned in closer, making my lips pressed against his even harder. 

I'm willing to do the same for you...

Gradually, I let my eyes close. I felt my vision turn dark as I kissed him back. Slowly, I sensed the small smile that formed on his alluring lips as he tightened his grasp on my body. 

Remembering his scent, his soft lips and his gentle touch, a faint smile appeared on my lips.  I missed being in his warm embrace... I don't think anything can replace this feeling... 

I...like him...

I l-like this jerk...

I really like Kim Taehyung.