Chapter 6

Hey guys...Halfway there I think :D  Creed and McKenna finally met in the last chapter ;)  But you all know me and my writing style...I tend to drag a bit for effect, lol.  Dunno if that's working, but yeah...I think you may find the same on this chapter too :P  Don't kill me please.  I love setting up the scenes and drawing out the drama.  If it's too bothersome, let me know :)  I'll have to try and find a way to shut Creed up and just write by myself (yes, I'm blaming him)  Haha.

Okay...Hope you guys like this one.  Please vote, comment...share?   I would appreciate every ounce of support as always.  You have to be the best bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure of sharing my work with. 

PS*  Unedited in my haste to post...so please point out errors and I will fix them ;)

Dedicated to FMorden for always being so encouraging and awesome Xxx  Thank you :D

McKenna:

Creed's words were spoken with so much sorrow, so much anguish, that it settled heavily into her soul like a sack of stones. She could easily say yes. That she'd forgiven him already. Heaven knew she wanted to...but her lips were sealed and the moment passed. Still, the silken feel of his hair underneath her fingertips was sublime and she found her lips curl up in a small sad smile as felt him relax slightly against her while she gently stroked his head. Such a small action held so much relief for him, for them both. It was no wonder their parting had brought so much pain.

"I didn't know. I swear it. I didn't know." He mumbled when she remained silent.

'That we are mates or that your rejection is slowly killing me?'  McKenna thought to herself bitterly.

She couldn't bring herself to say it yet he still stiffened as the thought crossed her mind. There was no way she could lie and say that she was truly understanding of his reasons or his actions. It had stung. Like a bad allergic reaction to a bee, the effects of which she was still feeling. He was feeling too, by the looks of it. But McKenna had been angry and hurt and she'd only known her end of it, not his. She'd been confused and terrified at the emotions coursing through her and questioning everything she was worth for months. Losing her magic was one thing, but losing her magic and her mate at the same time? She'd felt incapable, insecure, stupid, unworthy of both her craft and her ability to achieve that kind of love. One apology wasn't going to fix it. One confession of it being a mistake just wouldn't cut it. Sure they were both hurting, but she was entitled to feel these things. They'd been a part of her for the last few months and she couldn't let them go so easily.

What kind of person would it make her? In the eyes of her brothers especially...

She'd always been strong inside. Her brothers had made sure she spoke her mind, brought her up to be a survivor, but Creed had managed to crumble her walls and undo their hard work with one swift blow to her heart and she'd been reeling from it since.

Watching with fascination as the dark strands of hair sifted and weaved through her pale fingers; McKenna tried to tame the growing need for him that came unbidden. Raised voices from outside began to disturb her ministrations, and she sensed, rather than saw, Creed's reaction. His hands tightened around her, whole body rigid, part protective part possessive. It both thrilled and scared her. He wouldn't know, but the noisemakers were her family. Again, his body moved, this time so fluidly, that she found herself in his arms, cradled against his chest, listening to the beautiful rhythm of his heart as it tapped against her ear. The sound increased with his breathing, and the wild rise and fall of his chest as he decided his next move made her snap back into focus and she made to get out of his hold. She shouldn't be enjoying this closeness, not if it meant him walking out on her again.