Chapter 17

Um...I said a chapter a week, and I think this is still falls within the week range, lol. So without much ado...Here's the direction they shoved me into. I would love to know just how predictable I am. Just how many of you saw this coming lmao. It could suck, could make sense. Please let me know with a comment or few ;) I would love to know if you guys are still following the story line or losing interest...

Anyways, vote if this chapter deserves it. Guess the last few didn't hehe, but I can't blame you for my shortcomings :D

PS* Unedited, so please point out errors and i will gladly fix them xxx

Much love and apologies for the A/N.

Creed:

The living room was abuzz with chatter when they made their reappearance, their sudden arrival forcing everyone into a freezing silence, a rare fate for the usually boisterous bunch.

"Oh my goodness!" Suddenly, McKenna was turning his face forcefully towards hers. "What...?" She glowered at Bryce before returning to her task of examining his jaw and then the rest of him for any outward damage. A quiet serenity settled into Creed with a single touch from her, temporarily making him forget his emergency return. His heart skipped happily at her protectiveness when she fired off her next question, directing all her ire towards her brother.

"How could you do this after me asking you not to?"

Creed was sure that everyone could hear Bryce's jaw click when he tensed, could hear his knuckles crack as his fingers flexed, and could also probably hear the wheels in his head turning as he thought of an easy answer to appease his little sister.

Straightening to her full height, she stalked towards the big guy, and as much as he enjoyed the thought of her pushing Bryce's buttons with her stubborn resolve, he also knew that this wasn't the time for it.

"Love, no. No!. It's fine, I'm fine." Creed reassured gently, snapping back into the moment and catching her mid-stride only to switch places with her so that he was in front of Bryce. Confusion settled across her features at his blatant act of shielding his tormentor and she struggled visibly between tapping into their link, and letting him speak. Carefully, he averted his eyes from hers, bypassing those of his family, willing them to let him take the lead as he turned to Bryce. This was something that needed addressing, but without multiple cross-examinations from everyone before he was done.

"What happened?" Angelo came to his feet from where he was seated, disregarding his silent plea. When Creed opened his mouth to speak, Angelo cleared his throat forcefully, warning his wayward son not to lie. Creed's lips set in a thin line, biting on the inside of his cheek when he saw his father trying to temper down his runaway emotions. It must have been the strain from days of sleeplessness and not being able to stomach food, because it took Creed way too long to realize that they hadn't cleaned up properly, just change his T, before everything clicked and he had to get Bryce back. The Alpha had been thrown for a loop when he'd scrambled to get them out without stopping to explain their exit. That left Creed as the only one holding vital information.

His mind filtered through the images he was getting from everyone, finding that there was still dried blood streaked down his face and neck, the clean grey T boldly standing out without a trace of mayhem, leaving the state of his jeans and boots in stark contrast with the rest of himself. He stunk of iron and sweat, hair mussed and unruly, and that was just him. Bryce looked equally disheveled, hair sticking up everywhere, clothes spattered with blood- his face too, and his hands, especially around the knuckles.

Bryce raised an eyebrow, eyes glittering green, but looking at Creed to decide in which direction this conversation was headed. McKenna crossed her arms over her chest impatiently, cocked her head, and challenged him or maybe them, to start talking.