Chapter 15

Hey people :D

I don't have to apologize today because I updated on time :P  YAY ME!!!

Anyways...I know this wont be what you're all expecting, but you know me...Queen of "drag it all over the place, hang it off a cliff and the end" :P 

I do hope you enjoy it though.  I couldn't seem to end or break it (Maybe I did break it) I don't really know, lol, but this is now an extra long chapter and nothing close to where I was headed last week (hides eyes*)

Please don't forget to point out errors.   Vote and comment too, if this chapter deserves it ;) 

Happy reading xxx

Creed:

"Do you think we'd have to run again?" McKenna asked tentatively, fingers unconsciously playing with the edge of a tunic she was folding.

"No, love." He took the garment from her hand and halved it, then folded it into a little rectangle and handed it back to her to pack away. "I think we'll be okay once they get through the initial freak out."

"Yeah. Maybe you're right." She agreed, setting it down and rolling up a grey T-shirt.

"I should check if Nate and Hope are all set before we go." He thumbed the digits on his phone, but only put the call through when she nodded and went back into the bedroom to grab a few more things.

"We okay to talk?" Creed asked once Nate answered.

"Yup. Go ahead."

"How'd last night go?"

"You mean this morning?" Nate chuckled.

When he'd dropped them off it was close to 2am but Creed had gotten the impression in that short stop that there were more Supers around than usual.

"Whatever, man. Just tell me what we're walking into."

"Ooh, someone's serious."

"Nate!" Creed scolded impatiently, pacing the length of the floor.

"Okay, okay. Un-bunch your tighty-whities. We cleaned up and I went in, and guess what?"

"What?" He stopped moving and held his breath.

"Everyone was there. All McKenna's brothers and the big guy's mate too. Can you believe that no one was killing each other? Well, until I showed up and Bryce thought he could shake me to pieces but then he realized I'm not Human anymore." He laughed heartily. "Angelo said he'd give them time to settle before he allowed Bryce and Brie to be in the same room together so that helped."

"Well, that's good, I guess." Creed exhaled slowly and resumed his pace across the floor. Ten steps from the couch to the window, one swivel and ten steps back.

"Dude, I think your dad has his intuitive streak activated."

"Why, what did he say?" Creed asked worriedly.

"Nothing, to me at least. Nothing about you guys either. He did however make sure that Seraphine is nowhere near the house and that she'll be clear of it for a few days. He has her chasing a dead end somewhere close to where they live. He told her that it wasn't safe for Bryce to return until she makes sure things there remain danger free for them."

Well, at least he and his dad were on the same page when it came to trusting whom they kept around...

"She buy it?"

"How should I know? I wasn't selling." Nate scoffed. "But your dad said she'd do it, no argument."

"So, where are McKenna's brothers now?" Creed wondered, stalling his steps for a beat to look out of the window.