Chapter-8

Jaejoong's POV

I was called to come to my parents' house. My mom called early this morning and told me my dad wanted me to be there. I hated going there cause all my dad would do was lecture me about my life and right then my life wasn't something I was even proud of. So I was sure gonna get lectured on a lot of things.

But as much as I hated going there, I couldn't not go. I could never disobey him. He always made sure I pay in some way whenever I go against him.

When I reached, I was greeted by my mom.

"Oh..my baby! You looked so thin. Haven't you been eating well?" My mom said cupping my face with her hands and looking worriedly at me.

"Mom...please...I'm fine. I'm eating well." I told her with a smile as I touched her hand still cupping my face.

"No...you should eat here today. I'll go cook for you." My mom said.

"But you haven't cooked in ages, mom." I reminded her.

My mom used to always cook for us when we were kids. But when we finally grew up and she got too busy, she left everything to our house cook and hadn't been cooking since then.

"If it's for you, I can cook anything. I'll cook all your favorites. It's not like you come here everyday too. How long has it been since we had a meal together?" She said.

"I called you here for business not to have some family lunch." My dad interrupted us. "Jaejoong come inside." He said as he went inside his library.

My mom smiled and put her hand on my arm encouraging me to go in. I sighed and went in.

My dad was sitting on his grand chair behind his huge table. Whenever I came in here to talk to him, I always felt like I was talking to the company's CEO and not as my dad.

He ushered me to sit on the couch in the room. He followed and sat on the middle single couch.

"So...your life has been pretty messed up now I hear?" He said raising his eyebrows and eyeing me from behind his spectacles that were slightly drooping on his nose.

"Yes, I'm aware of that." I told him. There was no use in denying.

"So what do you plan to do?" He asked me.

I just shrugged my shoulders as to say I have no plans.

My dad shook his head and looked disappointed. He then said, "I always knew you can never make it on your own. That's why I called you here today to give you some work."

I was not in the mood to have an argument with him. Although what he said felt like my pride being strampled, I took a deep breath and let it go. Let's just go along with him, I told myself.

"Today, you should go meet Jessica Jung with these papers. I've already set an appoinment. Go and discuss this with her." He said as he dropped a file on the table.

"Jessica? You mean the Director of Dream Company?" I asked him shocked that he was asking me to do his office works.

"It's time you join the company too. You have so many things to learn."

"But..I don't..."

"Don't disappoint me again." He interrupted before I could finish and walked away.

I had no idea what was going on or what I had to talk about with Jessica. I took to see the file he left. It was about some joint project. But I was clueless about it. And Jessica? Soojung's sister? I didn't want to go cause some part of me felt that I might run into Soojung there.