Chapter-28

Krystal's POV

I spent days in the hospital staying up hoping for Jaejoong to wake up any moment. But at the end of the day, I was always left being hopeless looking at him lying there motionless.

"Soojung...let's go back. Mom and dad are worried too." Jessica came in to tell me.

"No...unnie...I'll stay here...you should leave." I told her my eyes still fixed on Jaejoong.

"I know...I understand how hard this is for you." She tried to persuade me. "But we can't pause our lives just cause his life is paused...we gotta keep living...we don't know when he'll wake up too. And besides they'll let you know when he wakes up."

"Maybe other people's life can go on as always but mine can't...I can't move on when he's just lying there like this. I need to be here when he wakes up." I told her holding back my tears trying to fall.

"Soojung...your unnie is right. You should go back. My son won't want you to just stay like this too." Jaejoong's mom joined in.

I didn't hear her coming in but I guess she was there long enough to hear everything.

"Please...let me stay.." I told her.

She looked at me with her eyes filled with tears and wiped it away instantly when it fell.

"Okay...but at least you should go eat something." She said. "I'll be here so go have something.."

I went to the hospital's cafeteria to grab a quick lunch with Jessica.

"Aren't you busy? You should go back home." I told Jessica.

"How can I leave you here alone?"

"I'm not a kid unnie. I can take care of myself. Don't worry."

"Yeah right...how can I not worry when you haven't been sleeping or eating properly for so many days." She remarked.

We were on our way to the room when we were done eating. I saw doctors and nurses running towards where Jaejoong's room was. I felt something uneasy and my heart started beating so fast as I ran towards the room.

When I reached, I saw everyone outside except for the doctors and the nurses. Jaejoong's mother was crying her eyes out and his dad was embracing her trying to calm her down. Taeyong was sitting on a chair with his head down.

I cautiously walked towards them. I was scared to ask them what was going on. I just stood there hoping for the best as I took in deep breaths trying to control myself.

"Everything will be okay...it has to be." I told myself.

A few minutes later, the doctors cae out and we rushed to them to ask about his condition.

"He went into a shock and we couldn't save him. We tried our best to save him but this isn't the first time he went into a shock and that made it very complicated. I'm sorry." The doctor said and left.

I could only remember Jaejoong's mother dropping to the floor as she cried her heart out calling out her son's name and Taeyong and his dad with bloodshot eyes trying to remain strong until I completely blacked out.

When I finally woke up and opened my eyes, I hoped everything that happened could just be a nightmare. I just want someone to tell me it was all just a bad nightmare.

"You're awake?" Jessica came towards me with a bottle of water.

"Want some?" She asked me holding the bottle towards me.