Chapter-9

Krystal's POV

Changmin oppa's parents invited me for dinner at their place. Since morning, I was nervous and excited too. Since the day Changmin oppa came for dinner at our place, I had been excited about anything that had to do with Changmin oppa. I was like a teenager falling in love for the first time, smiling even at the mere mention of his name.

Changmin oppa was supposed to pick me up. We were supposed to meet my dad at the company. I didn't know why my dad wanted us there. Maybe something about business. Anyway, after that we were gonna just hang out till evening and finally go to his place for the dinner. Just having to spend almost an enire day with him was giving me butterflies in my stomach.

When Changmin oppa finally came, we went straight to meet my dad. At the company, we were in dad's office. Both of them were discussing something about a partnership. I, on the other hand, was not interested so I just sat at the side using my phone stealing glances at Changmin oppa once in a while not making it obvious.

Seeing him concentrating in the work made him even more attractive. I was letting myself fall over him all over again. When they were finally done, we were on our way out and we decided to have some coffee. So we stopped at a nearby cafe.

Changmin oppa came with our orders while I waited, cafe latte for me and americano for himself. He placed mine in front of me and went to sit opposite to me.

"Thanks." I said with a sweet smile.

He was sipping his coffee and looking outside through the glass windows. He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts and I didn't want to break him from his thoughts. So I just sipped my coffee and enjoyed my view of him.

"Krystal...tell me something." He said finally turning his attention to me and caught me off guard.

"Aham..uh..yeah?" I asked after clearing my throat at the awkward situation.

Maybe it wasn't awkward for him cause I don't think he saw me staring at him. He probably didn't realise, right? I hope he didn't.

"Do you really think I can do well in business?" He continued.

I could see the concerns in his eyes. He was probably nervous to take on such big things for the first time. I felt like I needed to encourage him and give him confidence.

"Yeah...I think you'll do well." I told him with all honesty. "Actually seeing you with dad today, I think you're already doing great. Your determination is no joke and I know it'll take you higher."

"Thanks." He said with a little laughter of relief. "That made me feel much better."

Hearing him say that instantly formed a smile on my lips. I felt as though I did something so great in life. For some reason, I seemed to be over happy about every little thing. Is that what love does to people?

When we came out of the cafe, I saw a flower shop just in front. I suggested we go there to get some flowers for his mom. He said I didn't need to but I dragged him there anyway. I wasn't gonna go empty handed to his place.

As I entered the shop, the smell of fresh flowers hit me. It was like heaven there with all the colorful flowers. I was busy checking out all the flowers and taking in the scents, I almost forgot what I came for.

"What flower does your mom like?" I asked Changmin oppa.

"I don't know." He said with a shrug.

"Seriously?" I asked him again unable to believe. "But you came with my mom's favorite flower and yet you don't know your mom's favorite?"