Chapter-17

Krystal's POV

"Are you free today? Let's meet." Changmin oppa said on the phone.

"Okay, sure." I replied with not a single bit of enthusiasm.

I sat on my bed for a while sitting on my bed while just staring blankly at the mirror opposite to me.

"Why am I feeling this way? Shouldn't I be excited to meet him?" I asked myself.

"No...Soojung." I shook off the thought from my head.

"Maybe it's cause we have been too busy. Once we meet again, we'll realize our love again. Yes that's it." I told myself and finally got myself to get up.

I used to take hours to choose an outfit and put my make up before when I got ready to meet him but strangely today I didn't care much about what I wear or how I looked.

Changmin oppa was already there when I reached the restaurant we were supposed to meet.

"Aww...you seem to have lost weight. Is work giving you stress?" He asked me.

"Not at all." I told him with a smile.

A waitress came interrupting us asking what we would order.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked me.

"Anything's fine." I told him as I flipped through the menu without even paying attention to what was written there.

He looked at me questioningly for a while and finally gave up and ordered.

"I'm sorry, Krystal. We haven't been meeting much since I was too busy." He said while holding my hand and giving off that smile that always makes me weak.

"Well...it's not only your fault. I was busy too." I told him so he doesn't feel so bad.

We left after eating and it was already evening. So we decided to just take a walk.

"Isn't this nice? The weather is good and the sunset is beautiful and I'm with you." He said while taking a deep breath as he looked at the sky.

"Yeah." I replied simply.

"You're upset, aren't you?" He asked as he stopped walking and looking into my eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong." He said.

"It's nothing. Let's just keep walking." I told him as I avoid his eyes and walked ahead.

He came after and stopped me by the arm.

"Krystal, listen. I don't know what's wrong but if it's something I can help with..."

"It's just..." I looked at him as I took a deep breath.

"Yes tell me."

"I don't know where it went wrong. But I don't feel the same anymore. I used to get excited when I think about meeting you but now I don't feel that anymore. I don't like feeling this way but I can't help it. I thought maybe it's cause we have been too busy with our works and the feelings would come back after i see you today but it's not really working out. I know we're too busy to meet but who else is not busy in this world? Shouldn't you at least make an effort no matter how busy you are?" I teared up as I let out what I have been feeling.

"Aww...my baby. Stop crying " He said as he wiped off my tears and embraced me while stroking my hair.

"I'm so sorry to make you feel this way. But I promise from now on, I'm gonna make efforts like you said. You're gonna be my top priority." He said washing away everything I felt just a while ago.

"You better keep your promise." I told him as I let go from his embrace.

"Of course. Thanks for letting me know instead of breaking up." He said.

"Be careful cause next time, I don't know what I'll do."

"Well understood." He said giving off a laugh and patting my head.

Jaejoong's POV

I was about to go have lunch when my dad came to my office.

"Are you going out?" He asked me.

"Yeah to have lunch." I told him.

"Why don't we eat together then?" He suggested.

I looked at him weirdly since he never used to ask me to have lunch together outside of home.

"Okay."

I rode in the same car with dad and it was filled with awkward silence. But luckily we reached the place soon. It was a Japanese restaurant. We were guided to one of those private rooms they have.

When the food came out, Dad just started eating without saying anything. I was anxious about what he had to say and I couldn't wait any longer.

"Dad, why did you want to have lunch with me?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Do a father need a reason to eat with his son?" He said as he ate his food.

"You know very well we're not those kinda father and son." I pointed out.

He looked at me and stopped eating. He put down his chopsticks and after a sip of tea, he cleared his throat ready to talk.

"You see...you have been doing quite well in business these days. So I was thinking maybe you could go to the States and be in charge of our branch there." He finally gave his announcement and somehow it didn't occur too much of a surprise to me considering it was my dad's decision.

"Let me think it through." I told him as I let out a sigh.

"Okay but don't take so long."

When we were on our way back to the office, many thoughts ran over my head as I lookd out through the window.

Should I go? It'll be a good chance to get over Soojung. But will I be able to? Do I even want to get over her? Do I even want to forget her? Will I be able to live without seeing her? Without talking to her?

Maybe it's finally time to get over my feelings...