Chapter 5

As I was walking home I decided to take a stroll in the woods for Elena told me that there's a shortcut to go back home. I can take the bus home but, I usually miss it because I tend to stay after school till five. I've never been inside the woods before considering I lived in the city. I mean, I've been to central park, but those aren't woods.
After a while of strolling through the trees, I finally admitted that I was lost. I once again scold myself for being stupid by slapping my forehead with the palm of my hand. I look around to notice that it's dark outside and as a result I remember Jared's warning. Remember to not go outside by yourself at night.
I hear some rustling noises and start to walk toward them. My curiosity is a curse, but I couldn't help to see what it was. I secreted behind a bush and watched as naked man lay on the floor, sweating with his eyes popping out of his head. Stop acting like a perv! I think to myself.
Soon, the naked man was panting like a dog and I was starting to worry. I got up so I could help the man, but I stopped after three of his bone cracks and his whole body starts to transform into a hairy monstrous creature.
My heart starts to race and my eyes pop out of my head. I fall and hide behind the bush once more. My first instinct is to scream, but before I was able to I clasp my hand on my mouth. I started to tear up, but I hate crying. I did my best to prevent myself from crying. That's when I felt something come up behind me, very gradually and cautiously. I hear a growl and so I whimper. I wanted to scream so badly, but I knew that that would be stupid. Next thing you know the animal jumps at me, and I move out the way and making my way from four legs to two legs, I run as fast as I can. My heart is racing, my chest is falling, tears are streaming down my face and I'm howling for help.
All of a sudden, I see a flash of light up ahead. I run towards it triggering me to appear on the road. I thank god when I see Mrs. Conway pull up with her intermediate car. I run into her car and breathe heavily and she drives off.
She quickly turns her head back, still driving."Oh my god, Are you okay?! What the hell happened out there?" Mrs. Conway is more surprised than scared.
"An animal...attacked...whew...me" I say out of breath. I didn't say monster because I thought she would think I was nuts.
"Oh my, do you want me to take you to the hospital?" She asks.
"No! I want to go home. Please bring me home" I practically beg her.
"Are you sure" She asks with concern in her eyes.
"Please." I say and she drives me home.
As I walk into my house my father gets up and treads quickly towards me and I notice he looks worried as hell. I just stare blankly at him as he starts to speak.
"Where were you? I was worried sick about you! You almost gave me a heart attack!" He practically yells at me like I did something wrong.
"Where were you the last two years?" I said. And he takes a step back, shocked at my statement. He looks down like a little kid getting busted after stealing a chocolate bar from a grocery store. I run up the stairs and he yells my name out saying that he can explain, but I drown the noise out by listening to music and drifting off to sleep.