Chapter 8

As I was coming home from Jared's place I noticed a graveyard about two blocks down at my right. My father once told me that my grandparents and great-grandparents from my mother's side was buried there. The graveyard looked creepy and there were mist surrounding the grave stones. It was only five so technically it isn't night, yet. I walked up to a tombstone that said Ellie Duccadd: Loving mother, wife and friend. Next to it was another tombstone with the name John Ducadd: Loving father, husband, and friend. I couldn't believe Jared's parents were dead. I thought back to the first time I met him and he told me that his mom knew my mom. I felt so much sorrow for Jared. I wanted to be there for him. Why didn't he tell me?
       My alarm on my watch goes off and it was eight p.m. at night. I knew that I had to leave. I'm pretty sure there are monsters in a graveyard. I make my way towards the entrance, and I notice a little scared boy. I concerned, I run to him and ask him if he is okay.
       "I'm scared. I want my mommy." He says in a soft voice.
       "Where is your mommy?" I ask as I try to put a hand over his shoulder. That's when he vanished and appears behind me. I jump up and just look at him.
       "I don't know." He notifies me then vanishes again, not coming back this time. I stay there in silence thinking about what just happened.
      "Hello Jamie. My god have you grown." Someone one says I an old lady voice. I quickly turn around and jump. I know her. I've seen her in a photo placed in a green picture frame back when I lived with my mom in New York. It's my grandmother, Olivia Springer.
       "Grandma." is all I say and I walk toward her.
       "We don't have much time." She pronounces. "You need to kill vulgar."
       "Vulgar? Who is Vulgar? Why do I have to kill him?' I ask and I am confused as hell.
        "Jamie. You don't know?" She says with concern.
       "Know what." I cry.
       "You come from a whole line of hunters. Your mother was one of the greatest hunters of all time" She laughs. "Why do you thing this town is called SPRINGhills falls." She looks at me with a nice smile on her face. I didn't say anything.
       "Springers have died hunting down monsters, trying to rid the world of them. Jamie you need to kill Vulgar. Vulgar is a vampire/werewolf hybrid." I look at her as if she's nuts.
        "A What?" I say.
        "Look. You need to find the felicity stake. It's a stake made by a powerful witch named Bowez Bennet. You must stab it in the heart and-"she suddenly vanishes.
       "Grandma!" I yell out. "The heart and what?!" I place my hands on my head and mumble," what just happened?"