Is there a God?

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessing of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendants and noble companions'

Ameen

__________________

Is there a God?

Modern science concludes that the universe has a beginning. This is based on a recent discovery that the universe is expanding, and if we go back in time, the universe converges - which points to a beginning. There are three possible explanations for the beginning of the universe, either:
*.The Universe came from nothing,
*.The Universe created itself, or
*.The Universe was created.

The first point is irrational. As for the second explanation, simple logic tells us that something cannot do anything before having existed. This leaves the third point as the only rational explanation: a higher and intelligent being, God, created the universe. Some people may ask, "Who created God"? God, The Creator, is different to His creation. If He was the same as creation, He would also need a creator, leading to an infinite amount of creators, which is impossible. He is beyond time and the physical matter of this universe. God has always existed and has no beginning; therefore the question of who created God is irrational.

Who is God?

God is One & unique God has no partners, no equals and no rivals. God has no father, mother, sons, daughters or wives. God alone is worthy of all worship. Had there been more than one God, it would reflect deficiency in His power or authority as this would involve God having rivalry, making compromises or needing agreement with other gods. God is All-powerful God has full authority and power over all things. Everything is completely subservient and dependent on Him. Obedience to God does not increase His Power, nor does disobedience decrease His power in any way.

God is The Most High. There is nothing above or comparable to God. The attributes of God do not resemble that of His creation. No part of God is present in anyone or anything. God is perfect and does not have any human limitations, such as resting on the seventh day after he created the universe, as claimed by some other religions. God is The All-Just & All-merciful God does not need to sacrifice himself to forgive sins nor is anyone "born into sin". God judges everyone based on their own deeds and everyone is accountable for their own actions. Humans may distinguish themselves and earn God's favour through belief, virtue and piety only - not through race, wealth or social class.

Almighty God says in Qur'an:

"It is not befitting for Allaah(God) to take a son; He is perfect and flawless."
Quran 19:35

"Worship Allaah(God) and associate none with Him."
Quran 4:36

"We certainly sent into every nation a Messenger, saying, 'Worship Allaah(God) and avoid false gods.' "
Quran 16:36

"And your god is One God. There is none worthy of worship except Him."
Quran 2:163